Case #2: -Unknown-

Começar do início

  "Oh don't be so dramatic Spector." Gloria scoffed. "It's not like I keep her on a short leash."

  Amused that she read his thoughts while he wasn't shouting pointless drivel in his head, he decided to continue their conversation. "That encounter seemed to suggest the Contrary."

  "I said I don't have her on a tight leash, dear Spector," Gloria reminded pulling out a New Testimine Bible, donning reading glasses. "I never said she may do as she pleases without letting me know."

  Seth acknowledged the book in her hand, it looked old. The red leather was worn, and the pages seemed brittle and had multiple tares. The Bible had to be at least over one hundred years old. "Why are you reading the Bible?"

  Gloria looked at him over he glasses, a teasing smile creeping across her lips. "I do enjoy some good reading from time to time. I don't worship this 'Lord' but I do find his words insightful from time to time." She gave one last smile and continued reading.

  After a few minutes of silence, Amber returned with the Briefcase, and the feeling that came with it hit Seth's heart stronger than ever. He clenched his chest, and retracted his hand immediately; starting to yell thoughts covering up his initial pain.

  "Spector!" Gloria called looking at him. "Do you have the key for this?"

  Seth reached into his jacket pocket and found the small piece of silver tucked neatly in. He pulled it out and tossed it to Gloria. She caught it in surprise and gave Seth a very odd and annoyed look. She then proceeded to Open one side compartment of the case and pulled out a small piece of onyx. A large screech emitted from the object, causing Seth to flinch at the sudden assault on his ears and neck. He couldn't explain how, but it was like the back of his neck could hear the screech that whatever she pulled out. He covered his ears and looked to the other two, neither of them acted as though they were bothered by it; Amber simply gave a puzzled look at the artifact and then said something to her mother.

  Her gaze came to Seth who had his hands over his ears, and his visible eye showed he was in some kind of pain. She rushed over to him and grabbed his face to check if he was ok.

  "Make the screeching stop." he pleaded. "Please make it stop."

  Gloria looked down at the stone object in her hand, than quickly smashed it against the table. Once the stone had shattered, the screeching stopped, and Seth took down his hands from his head. He opened his eye to find Amber in front of him cupping his cheeks. "What the hell was that?" He asked, a mild headache starting to subside.

  "That dear Spector has been a head ache I have been trying to kill ever since Amber brought it here." Gloria gathered up the pieces and placed them back into the side component. "Whoever gave this to you, didn't want it to fall into the wrong hands. That artifact I just destroyed would have repelled the Devil himself from touching it."

With Ambers help, Seth stood up, the pain in his heart and neck finally numbing. "What the hell did that priest give me?"

  The elder Witch ran her hand over the case. "I cannot tell, when did he say to open this case?"

  Seth thought back to the conversation, and told her the date Father Bruno had told him.

  "That's not too far off." she said looking at the calendar. "Only 10 days away... what could the Church be planning?" Gloria started to rub her arms. Seth noticed she did that when she was in thought. "I'll figure it out later." Gloria stood up from the stool and walked over to the Microwave, she pulled out two steaming plates of: Chicken legs, corn on the Cob, and mashed potatoes. "We will talk about what you two were doing in the woods and your new assignment over a late dinner.