"What'd you wanna ask me?"

He walks back to me, grinning. "I have something for you."

"You got me something?" He nods. I smile a little. "Oh, I– you didn't have to."

"Well before you say no to anything, I wanted to, and I'm forcing you to accept it anyway, okay?"

I playfully roll my eyes. "Okay..."

"Good." He grins. "Turn around and close your eyes."

I do so, wondering what in the world it could be. I feel him gently pull back my hair and move it over to one side, then he puts something small and a little cold around my neck.

"Open."

I open my eyes and look down to see a beautiful blue (sea)turtle necklace resting around my neck

I open my eyes and look down to see a beautiful blue (sea)turtle necklace resting around my neck. "Aw..." I can't help but say softly as I pick up the little charm in my hand.

"Do you like it?" I hear him from behind me and turn to him.

"I-I love it..." My face gets hot as I look at him. "It's so cute."

He smiles at me warmly and I almost melt right here where I am. "Good, I hoped so... I-it looks beautiful on you."

His words make me smile and blush even more like an idiot. He flashes his natural charming smile in response and takes a step closer to me, leaving only millimeters between our faces, his body almost pressing against mine. My heart starts beating faster as I look up at him, suddenly hyperaware of his body lingering so close to mine. Instinctively I try to back up but the edge of his bed board was right behind me. He smirks down at me in a most devilishly heart-melting way, then came so close to me that, for a second, I honestly thought he was about to kiss me again. And, maybe I was hoping a little bit, too... Until he winked at me and his arm reached for something behind me on the bed, and places it in both my hands. When he steps away and lets me breathe again, I look down, and my hands holding the most beautiful blue rose.

"Wow

"Wow... This is beautiful." I admirably twirl it in my fingers.

"What I wanted to ask you was..." I look up catching a hint of nervousness in his voice. "Will you go on a date with me?"

My eyes immediately light up. My heart dropped in my chest onto the floor. And suddenly I was so excited I couldn't keep the grin from my face. "Really?" I asked in surprise while looking up at him. He grins wider and nods. "W-with me?"

Leo chuckles. "Yes, with you..." He steps forward and reaches for me, then intertwines our fingers, and I actually shiver a bit. But if he notices, he decides not to tease me about it. Gratefully. "You're getting out of school soon and I wanna get to know you better as much as I can."

"Y-yeah, I'd like that too."

His eyes look at me hopefully. "So... is that a–"

"Yes!" I say eagerly, then pull back, clearing my throat way more than a normal person ever would. "I-I mean, yeah, sure. Why not..."

Leo chuckles again, then places a hand on my cheek and raises his eye ridges. "We've gotta fix that stuttering problem first though huh?"

I grin even more and even giggle a little this time at his teasing, out of sheer happiness.

• • •

Leo's POV

Well, it's the night. Date night. Y/n I are waiting to leave cause the others said they wanted to "see us off"... She looks amazing. I mean, she's still wearing regular clothes, but I still think she's gorgeous. I promised her the date tonight wouldn't require a dress, which she was glad about.

Every time she looks at me she blushes, and my heart speeds up. I check my shell cell for the time as we're still waiting for them. Maybe I'm a little too eager to start this date... "This is ridiculous," I mumble to her. "Ya know they're just gonna tease us about it." She giggles and I smile down at her.

"I definitely am." Raph walks in with all the others.

April places a hand on his shoulder, looking at us. "We just wanted to say, have fun."

"But don't have too much fun." Raph adds, arms crossed with a smirk.

"Raphael." Splinter warns slowly as he walks out of his room.

Raph wipes the smirk off his face. "Sorry, Sensei," he mumbles.

Sensei turns to the two of us with a serious expression, and I think Y/n tenses up a bit...

"Now, I trust you two. Take care of each other and be safe."

Y/n nods silently.

"Yes, Sensei."

A smile spreads across his face. "And enjoy yourselves."

I smile and look over to see Y/n smiling up at him as well.

"Now you two get out of here."