chapter 92: just like we used to (pt. 2)

"g'morning, baby," josh smiled, wrapping his arms around his husband.

"morning."

"i forgot how much i love waking up next to you," josh grinned, kissing tyler's cheek.

"mhm," tyler hummer quietly, getting up and going to the kitchen.

"how could you do that to him?" josh whispered to himself. now his husband, the same one that would always sit in his lap at the movies and hold his hands, wouldn't even give him a kiss on the cheek back.

he got up and went to the kitchen, seeing tyler starting the coffee machine.

"hey, baby? why don't you let me make the coffee? you should go relax. i got a couple movies for us to watch if you'd like," josh said.

"o-ok," tyler nodded, going to the living room.

"hey ty?"

"y-yes?"

"will you hold my hand during the movie?"

tyler blushed slightly and nodded, smiling ever so slightly before making his way to the living room.

josh came in a few minutes later, handing his husband a cup of coffee before sitting down next to him and wrapping an arm around tyler.

"i love you, baby," josh said, kissing tyler's cheek. "even if it's too soon for you to say it back."

"n-no, i-i love you too," tyler said, slipping his hand into josh's.

"do you um... c-can we maybe have a lip kiss?" josh asked quietly.

tyler nodded and gently cupped josh's cheek, pressing his lips against his husband's for a moment.

"i don't know what it into me, ty. i'm so sorry i was such a dick. i think it was me being jealous of you going out with friends without me," josh said quietly. "but you're allowed to do that. i don't have to go with you whenever you do something. i-i'm sorry, ty. i shouldn't have handled it like that. it'll never happen aga-"

tyler shut him up with a kiss on the lips. "it's ok. just, please, talk to me about that kind of stuff. i felt like i was doing something wrong as a husband the whole time."

josh sighed sadly and nodded, pressing his forehead against his husband's. "it'll never happen again. and next time i'm being a dick, please just tell me. don't sit there and take it."

tyler nodded and crawled into josh's lap, pulling a blanket over them and snuggling into his husband. "i love you, joshy. you're the sweetest boy ever. i know you didn't mean what you did."

josh sighed and nodded, pressing his nose against tyler's and gently rubbing his back.

"c-can i tell you something?" tyler asked quietly.

"of course, baby. anything."

"i-i wanna adopt again."