chapter 6: first date

Tyler and Josh had never been on a real, official date in public. They both feared the reaction of the people around them. It was their seventh-month dating and they decided it didn't matter how everyone reacted, just that they loved one another.

They had come to agree on going to a nice dinner then walking around downtown. It was the day of the date, and they couldn't be more excited and nervous.

Tyler put on a floral button-up with black skinny jeans as well as some floral vans while Josh put on a flannel with black skinny jeans and black Vans.

Josh smiled widely as he saw his boyfriend after he came out of the bathroom from getting dressed.

"You look absolutely stunning, Ty."

Tyler smiled and blushed, looking down shyly. "Y-you do too."

Josh got up from their bed, having been sitting on it while waiting for Tyler to get ready and slid his hand into his boyfriend's, leading him to the car.

Josh continued to hold Tyler's hand as he drove them to the restaurant, informing the hostess that their reservation was under 'Dun.' She led them to their table, Tyler smiling as he saw a bouquet of roses on top of a plate with a tag reading 'Happy first date, Ty. I love you.'

Tyler smiled widely and kissed Josh's cheek, sitting down and holding the bouquet in his lap.

"This place is really pretty," Tyler said.

Josh nodded in agreement. "It is, but my boyfriend is much, much prettier," he said with a smile.

Tyler blushed and smiled, getting lost in Josh's eyes as he did almost every time he looked at him.

"You ok, baby?" Josh asked while giggling.

"Y-yeah!" Tyler replied, shaking his head to get himself out of his own little world.

Josh slid his hand into Tyler's underneath the table, squeezing it as a non-verbal 'I love you.' They talked about small things while they ate their meals, their hands never leaving one another's. Eventually, they finished, Tyler insisting he pay the bill.

They then walked around the downtown area, looking at the beautiful city lights hand-in-hand. The two talked about their futures and how they didn't care what happened as long as they were together and happy.

Eventually, they reached a cute little cafe, entering to find they were the only ones there. All the tables were pushed to the side so the floor was wide open, and suspiciously, there wasn't anyone working, either.

"Babe I don't think we're allowed to be in here..." Tyler said, worried they'd get in trouble.

Josh shook his head, smiling since this was all pre-planned. "We're fine, baby."

Suddenly, the music that was playing turned to a slow song, causing Josh's smile to widen. He walked up to Tyler who was now sitting in a chair off to the side, extending a hand to him.

"May I have this dance?"

Tyler blushed deeply and nodded his head, smiling shyly as he took Josh's hand and stood up.

Josh pulled him in close, their foreheads together as they swayed back and forth to the music, Tyler closing his eyes as he fully took in the moment. Josh just looked back at his boyfriend, adoring absolutely everything about him.

The song ended, and they both simply stood, just holding one another for a few minutes in a comfortable silence. Tyler eventually broke the silence.

"Thank you."

"For what?" Josh asked with a confused expression.

"Everything. But specifically tonight," Tyler replied with a smile.

"You deserve the world, Tyler. So don't thank me," Josh said, pressing a soft kiss against his lips.

Tyler smiled in the kiss, taking Josh's hand after they broke apart and leading him back to the car while resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulders.

They eventually got home, stumbling inside and giggling as neither of them wanted to pull his lips away from the other's. They made it to their room and changed into just boxers, crawling into their bed and continuing their complete make-out session, both grinning like a couple of idiots.

Tyler crawled on top of Josh, kissing his boyfriend deeply. They both agreed on waiting until they were married or at least engaged to do anything sexual, simply because they thought it would mean a lot more if they ended up waiting.

After about an hour, Tyler got sleepy as usual, rolling off Josh and snuggling into him before tracing patterns into his boyfriend's chest with his finger.

"I love you, Joshua."

"I love you more, Tyler," he replied with a smile before kissing his forehead.

And with that, Tyler fell asleep with a smile, Josh entering his own dreamland soon after.

Though they were both dreaming of the same thing.

The other.

Author's Note:

Hi! Ok sorry I didn't post any yesterday, I was incredibly tired. This took me an hour to write and it's less than 800 words. I guess that's because I kept getting distracted watching the 2016 VMA's rerun, haha! Anyways, please tell me what you think of this! And pleeeeease give me suggestions! I have honestly no idea what to write about next. Thanks!

xoxo, C