chapter 7: graduation

Tyler and Josh were both 18 and it was the day they were graduating from high school. Due to both of their families being completely unaccepting, they didn't even bother showing up.

Though the boys saw it as ok.

They were each other's family.

"Joshua William Dun," the announcer called out. Tyler smiled and cheered as loud as he possibly could, causing Josh to blush as he walked across the stage. He took his seat and kept his eyes on Tyler as he waited in line to be called up.

"Tyler Robert Joseph." Josh stood up and clapped, whistling through his fingers. Tyler blew a kiss to his boyfriend from the stage, both grinning widely.

The ceremony ended and there was a party taking place that night. It would be a small event, with only their closest friends: Brendon, Ryan, Ashley, Melanie, Dallon and Troye.

Brendon and Ryan were together, as well as Ashley and Melanie, but Dallon and Troye insisted they were just friends, though everyone thought otherwise.

It was the time of the party and Tyler and Josh walked up to Brendon's house hand-in-hand. Brendon opened the door, Ryan by his side.

"Hey, guys!" Brendon said, his breath reeking of alcohol.

Josh laughed "10 o' clock and you're already drunk?"

"I'm not as think as you drunk I am," Brendon stuttered, leaning on Ryan for balance. Josh just shook his head and laughed, leading a nervous Tyler inside. Ty had never really been around alcohol or anything like that, and he sure as hell had no intention to get drunk tonight.

"It'll be ok, baby. Nobody's gonna pressure you to do anything. I promise," Josh whispered in his ear.

Tyler nodded and smiled, kissing Josh's cheek and continuing to hold his hand. After a few hours, everyone was sitting around the living room, Brendon and Ashler surprisingly being the only ones drunk.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" Ashley exclaimed.

Brendon smirked and nodded. "I'll get the bottle," he said, seeing it as an excuse for another beer. Eventually, he returned and they started the game.

It was Tyler's turn first.

He spun the bottle and it landed on Melanie. They both grinned and shrugged, knowing the kiss wouldn't mean anything. Melanie leaned in and pecked Tyler's puckered lips, both giggling as they pulled back.

Tyler turned to see Josh blushing and a look of slight jealousy in his eyes. He giggled and pressed a long kiss against Josh's lips, crawling into his lap.

"I love you, Joshuaaaaa"

Josh smiled shyly and blushed, kissing the back of his head "I love you too."

They continued their game, eventually it being Josh's turn, the final turn of the night.

It landed on Ryan and they both became incredibly flustered.

"U-u-um... I-I.." Josh stuttered. Ryan just looked down.

They awkwardly moved closer to each other, their lips barely touching before they both quickly pulled back. Josh just hugged Tyler closer, pressing kisses to his cheek while Ryan sat right at Brendon's side, holding tightly onto his arm. It was clear both boys were not big fans of kissing people other than their boyfriends.

Eventually, the party ended and everyone headed home. Tyler and Josh drove home in silence, Josh truly uncomfortable from having to kiss Ryan.

"Baby it's not a big deal," Tyler said once they were lying in bed.

"I know, just I always wanted to only be kissing you," Josh replied sadly.

"It's ok, baby. I promise. Besides, it didn't mean anything. We still love one another and only one another, and that's all that matters, right?"

Josh smiled and nodded, hugging Tyler tightly and kissing his forehead. "You always know what to say..."

Tyler smiled back and snuggled into Josh, holding his hand tightly.

"I love you, Tyler."

"I love you more, Josh."

"Tyler, my love, that is impossible."

author's note:

hi everyone! i hope you're all having a wonderful week and enjoying this! i can't believe it already has 21 reads! i was expecting about 5! please feel free to message me or comment about any requests you have! i'll do pretty much anything. i'd also love if you would give me some more characters to add to the story! i try my best to add what you all want! thanks!

xoxo, C