part 47: a new dun (or maybe two?)

"Joshua! Joshua, wake up!" Tyler yelled, shaking his husband awake.

"Ughhhh. What do you want, Ty?" Josh groaned. 

"We've gotta go to the adoption center, baby!" Tyler said excitedly.

Josh's eyes widened and he quickly got up, putting on clothes, doing his hair and brushing his teeth. Tyler did the same and they all got in the car.

They dropped Ruby off at Ryan and Brendon's house, not telling her where they were going so it would be a surprise. 

They entered the orphanage hand-in-hand and showed their id's at the front desk. 

The lady smiled and led them down a hallway. "Kids five and under on the left, kids six and up on the right." 

Tyler smiled and thanked her, and he and his husband both immediately went left.

Tyler entered the room first and sat down on the ground. He immediately was tackled by about ten kids, each of them hugging him tightly. Josh smiled widely at how adorable it was and sat down next to him, half the kids getting off of Tyler and toddling over to him. 

After several minutes, all the kids got bored. 

Except for two. 

They appeared to be twins. One a boy, and one a girl. 

The girl was in Tyler's lap, and the boy was in Josh's. The girl had brown hair and big blue eyes, the boy with the same. 

They didn't look a day over one.

The girl pressed a big, sloppy open mouth kiss on Tyler's cheek with a wide smile. Tyler giggled and hugged her tightly, lying back on the ground and she immediately sat on his tummy, giggling as she played with his hair.

Josh had the boy in his lap, the child's pudgy fingers playing with Josh's shoestrings since he could reach him due to Josh changing his seating position. The boy looked up at Josh and immediately started giggling, Josh's heart melting. "Are you a handsome boy?" 

The baby bounced in his lap and continued to giggle, holding Josh's hands. 

Tyler picked up the girl and Josh picked up the boy, carrying them to the front desk. 

"I think we'd like to learn more about these two sweethearts," Tyler said, handing Josh the girl and his husband handing him the boy.

Both babies started giggling as they were held by the other, hugging Tyler and Josh tightly. 

"Oh, wonderful! They're the sweetest ones here! That's Eloise Iris," she said, pointing to the girl. "She's the princess of the facility," she said with a grin, waving to Eloise. 

Josh grinned and tickled Eloise's tummy, making her giggle. "Well, hi there, Miss Eloise Iris!" 

"And that," she said with a grin, pointing to the boy. "Is Augustus Dane! He loves giving hugs!" 

Tyler grinned widely and pressed his forehead against Augustus's "Aweee, Augustus Dane! That's adorable!" Gus smiled widely and hugged Tyler tightly, kissing his cheek, Ty not minding the amount of slobber that was now on his face. 

"We have a daughter. She's six. She's been begging us for a sibling," Tyler said with a smile. 

The lady grinned "What's her name?" 

"Ruby Dorothea," Josh said with a smile. 

"Such a beautiful name!" the lady exclaimed. 

Tyler and Josh both smiled and nodded. 

"Anyways, back to Gus and Ellie. They're 13 months old. They were born on October 5. Both were healthy at birth and are developing at a perfect rate. Eloise loves being read to and snuggling, and Augustus loves giving hugs and dancing, even though he can't really walk yet. He just kind of sits and bounces up and down while he giggles, and honestly, it's the most adorable thing ever. They really are the sweetest kids you'll ever meet."

"Well they have quite the competition with Miss Ruby," Tyler said with a grin. "She's incredibly sweet. And she loves reading and sharing as well. They would be a perfect fit!"

"Do you think they're the ones?" the lady asked with a hopeful smile. 

Tyler and Josh looked at each other, smiling and pressing a kiss against each other's lips. 

"They're the ones," they said in unison, both tearing up.

"Oh, good! I see you have your background checks completed! When would you like them?"

"As soon as possible, I suppose. Their rooms are already done and all we have to do is buy diapers and bottles!" Tyler said excitedly.

"Wonderful! How does a week sound?" she asked.

"Amazing," Josh said while he made funny faces at Ellie, causing her to giggle. 

They went back to the room they met their future children in, sitting down with them both. Gus in Tyler's lap, Ellie in Josh's.

As soon as the babies were sat on the ground, they screamed in excitement when they realized they were in-reach of each other, both crawling over to the other and giving them a weak hug. 

Tyler and Josh were both smiling widely. They kissed their foreheads goodbye, receiving multiple hugs each from Gus and lots of sloppy kisses on their cheeks from Ellie.

"We'll see you two soon! We can't wait to have you!" Josh said, waving to them.

"BAH BAH!" Gus squealed, waving frantically with a wide grin as Ellie played with his other hand, kissing his cheek. 

"That was the first time he's ever spoken!" the lady at the front desk exclaimed. 

"What about Eloise?" Tyler asked.

"She's working on it. Maybe by the time you get back, she'll be able to say something," she said with a grin.

"We can't wait," Josh said with a grin, hugging his husband from behind. 

They said their final goodbyes and returned to the car, both still shocked their new children were just as perfect as their first.

"Eloise Iris Joseph-Dun," Tyler said with a smile. 

"Augustus Dane Joseph-Dun," Josh replied grinning.

"Ruby Dorothea Joseph-Dun," they both said in unison.

"Let's go share the news with Miss Ru," Josh said smiling.

Tyler nodded in agreement, holding his husband's hand as they backed out of their parking spot.

"Let's, my love."

A/N

Ok I LOVE these names! Just to clarify, I don't know anything about how the adoption system works, so I'm sorry if it's really off! I'm gonna try to update at least two more times today! 

xoxo, C