chapter 62: ellie's hard times

it was clear to everyone that gus gus was the favorite twin.

and tyler couldn't help but feel bad for his daughter.

she seemed sad and grumpy a lot, even though all she ever wanted was to give and receive hugs and kisses.

"daddy?" she asked tyler as he colored with her.

"yes, sweetheart?"

"why does everyone like gus gus more than me?" she asked.

tyler sighed and pulled her into his lap. "sweetheart, daddy and i don't love gus any more than we love you or ruby."

ellie just looked down and sniffled.

"awww, honey... jishjish and i love you so much. and ruby and gus love you too."

ellie crawled out of tyler's lap and went to her room.

"josh, baby? can you come here for a second?" tyler called to his husband.

"you wanna show gus how to be a princess??" he asked ruby who quickly nodded, and he got up to go assist his husband.

"what's up, baby?" josh asked, kissing his husband's temple.

"ellie's sad and thinks everyone likes gus more than her..."

josh sighed and went into her room. "hey, princess...."

eloise just sniffled.

and tyler and josh both realized they might have attributed to her feelings.

after all, they tended to spend more time with gus. he just seemed to be the happier twin. and he was easier to make smile.

"you wanna go on a date, miss ellie? just me, you and daddy?" josh asked.

ellie sniffled and nodded, crawling into josh's lap and hugging him.

"where do you wanna go? we can do whatever you want," josh said, hugging her back.

"the park!" she said.

and so the three went to the park later that week.

and they had a wonderful time.

eloise just wanted to be hugged while they went down the slide, and so that's what they did.

for three hours.

then they got ice cream and her parents told her all the reasons they love her.

and she felt special for once.