chapter 35: she's an angel

(one year later)

"Joshy! Joshua wake up!" Tyler said with a grin, shaking his husband away from his nap.

Josh groaned. "Tyyyyy. I'm sleeping. Give me ten more minutes."

"It's about the girl, Joshua!"

Josh gasped and immediately sat up, pulling Tyler into his lap as his husband had his laptop in his own.

"Her name is Ruby. She's three. She has brown hair. Big blue eyes. Bangs. She's really shy. She loves reading and coloring. They say she's the sweetest thing ever," Tyler said, reading the description that the orphanage had sent him in an email.

"She sounds perfect, Tyler..."

"They say we can go meet her today!" Tyler yelled excitedly, looking at Josh.

Josh grinned widely and quickly got up, extending his hand for Tyler to take "Well, let's go!"

Tyler put on black skinny jeans and a mustard yellow hoodie with black Vans. Josh put on black skinny jeans with tips at the knee and a gray NASA shirt with white Converse.

They arrived at the orphanage, sharing one last kiss in the car before walking hand-in-hand into the facility.

"H-hi. W-we're the Duns here to see Ruby," Tyler said to the lady at the front desk.

The lady smiled widely and nodded, leading them into the room where Ruby was sitting and coloring.

"You're in for a treat," the lady whispered with a smile. "She's the sweetest."

Tyler smiled and nodded before the lady left, leaving Josh, Tyler and Ruby alone.

Ruby hadn't noticed she had visitors, and she continued to color.

Tyler smiled and plopped down on the ground next to her, looking at her with a large grin. "whatcha drawin'?"

Ruby looked up and immediately grinned, putting down her crayon and tackling Tyler in a big hug.

Tyler giggled as his heart melted, hugging Ruby back.

She then looked up at Josh, just noticing him for the first time. She toddled over to him and hugged his legs tightly, looking up at him with a grin.

"Hi, Ruby!" Josh said, squatting down and hugging her tightly.

"H-hi..." Ruby said shyly, sitting in Josh's lap.

"I'm Josh, and that's my husband, Tyler," he smiled, pointing to his husband.

Tyler's heart fluttered as Josh called him his husband even after being married for five years.

Ruby grinned as she heard they were husbands, crawling out of Josh's lap and sitting in Tyler's, playing with his hands.

She wasn't incredibly great at speaking yet, but it made her all the more adorable. "D-do you like colors?" she asked quietly, looking at Josh as she sat in Tyler's lap.

Josh smiled and nodded. "I love colors. Tyler does too. He really likes yellow, and I like blue."

Ruby smiled and nodded.

"What colors do you like?"

"Pink!" she said excitedly.

Tyler smiled and nodded in agreement. "I like pink too."

They stayed for a few more hours until they were informed they had to go so Ruby could eat dinner. Ruby frowned and hugged both of them tightly, kissing Tyler's nose followed by Josh's.

"Bye TyTy. Bye JishJish. Ruby loves you!" She said, hugging them both tightly again before waving goodbye and being escorted away.

Tyler and Josh stood up from the floor, kissing and walking out hand-in-hand. once they reached the door, Tyler felt something wrap around his legs.

"Bye Bye!" Ruby said as she hugged his legs, resulting in Tyler smiling and squatting down to her height.

"Will Ruby ever see TyTy and JishJish again?" she asked quietly.

Tyler looked at Josh with a smile, both of them grinning and nodding. "Ruby will."

Ruby grinned even wider, hugging them both tightly and kissing their noses again.

She loves giving hugs.

"Bye bye! Ruby loves you!" she repeated before being informed she now had to go have dinner.

"TyTy and JishJish love you too, Ruby!" Josh called to her as she was taken away. She grinned and waved again before disappearing back into the facility.

"Joshua she has to be ours. She's an angel..." Tyler said.

Josh smiled and nodded in agreement, kissing Tyler's cheek and leading him over to the front desk where they would sign the papers saying they would be back to get Ruby in three months.

It was official.

Tyler and Josh were going to be parents.