chapter 42: love stories

josh and tyler were on their way to pick ruby up from fallon's house after a much-needed night alone.

they arrived at the doorstep and tyler rang the doorbell.

"MY FAMILY IS HERE! MY FAMILY IS HERE!" ruby yelled excitedly, jumping up and down while holding mr. kitty.

mr. kitty was ruby's cat stuffie that she took everywhere and did everything with. she even deemed him her 'bestest fren.'

tyler smiled widely at how sweet and adorable their daughter was, and josh did the same. dallon opened the door and ruby toddled out quickly, hugging tyler's legs then josh's tightly.

"hi daddies! i missed you sooooooo much!"

josh grinned and picked her up, kissing her cheek "we missed you too, princess!"

"thanks for having her, dal. just please, next time, no red bull," tyler said with a laugh.

dallon shrugged "i still don't see what the big deal is but whatever. see you guys later. bye miss ruby!"

"bye bye daldal! i love you!" she waved.

that was her new thing.

telling everyone just how much she loved them.

the family got home and ruby ran inside, plopping down on the floor with her kitty backpack still on her back.

"daddy tyty! daddy jishjish!" she called out.

"coming, princess!" tyler said, taking josh's hand and leading him to the kitchen where ruby was sitting on the floor.

she did that when she got excited.

"what's up?" josh asked, sitting across from ruby with tyler on his left side.

"mr. kitty and i made family bracelets last night!" she exclaimed, holding out two pieces of string that were honestly just tied into knots periodically but both tyler and josh absolutely adored them.

that's when tyler realized mr. kitty and ruby both had theirs on. "awww, ruby! this is so sweet! thank you!"

both tyler and josh put their family bracelets on with wide grins, and ruby crawled into josh's lap while mr. kitty was set in tyler's.

"now everyone will know we're a family!" she said cutely.

"yep!" josh said, kissing the top of her head.

ruby then suggested they all paint their nails, and both dads happily agreed.

josh's we're done blue, tyler's we're done purple, and ruby's were done pink.

mr. kitty wasn't the biggest fan of having his nails painted.

they then had what they called 'family snuggle time,' which consisted of josh sitting on the couch with tyler sitting right next to him and resting his head on josh's shoulder as josh had an arm around his husband while ruby snuggled into tyler's lap, playing with both his hands.

"what movie should we watch?" tyler asked his family, kissing both their cheeks.

"can we do something other than watch a movie??" ruby asked.

"like what?"

"i wanna know how you knew you were in love with jishjish!"

tyler blushed and smiled widely, looking at his husband.

"well. i guess i just always kind of knew. when we were really little he would give me sloppy open mouth kisses on my cheek. or he when we got a little older he would share his ice cream with me. he's always been the kindest boy on the planet, but that's only one of the reasons i fell in love with him. he's so caring and very funny. not to mention, strikingly handsome." at this point, tyler wasn't talking to ruby. he was talking to josh. "i remember first getting lost in his eyes when we were eleven. they were so gorgeous, and still are. he always knew what to say to cheer me up. we used to hold hands under the blankets while we were around our families when we were about six. it was our own little secret..."

ruby smiled. "how did you know you were in love with tyty??"

"well, tyty is pretty hard not to fall in love with. he's very kind and thoughtful. and quite romantic. and i always told myself 'someday, i'm gonna marry that beautiful boy.' and i did. and it was one of the happiest days of my life. he's always been perfect. he always gave me hugs. and he still does. i love him to the moon and back. and i'll always be grateful he lets me love him. but it breaks my heart that he doesn't think he's beautiful. because he is. he really, really is..." josh said, looking into tyler's eyes.

"i love you, joshua," tyler said. pressing their foreheads together.

"i love you more, tyler," josh whispered, pressing a long kiss against his lips before pulling back to say something but being interrupted by:

"does this mean you're gonna make babies now??"