chapter 10: recovery

it was a couple weeks after josh had come back and they were slowly getting back to the way they used to be. tyler was trusting josh a lot more and josh couldn't be any more thankful.

josh had been voluntarily sleeping on the couch for the past few weeks since tyler wasn't completely ready for them to sleep in the same bed. but tonight, tyler had decided he was ready for josh to join him.

josh crawled into bed, and typically they'd be all over each other, kissing and snuggling, but they instead just lied there for a several minutes. eventually tyler slid his hand into josh's, causing both of them to smile shyly.

josh scooted closer to tyler and squeezed his hand gently, kissing his temple.

"goodnight, ty. i love you."

"love you too," tyler replied, kissing josh's cheek.

they both fell asleep, simply holding one another's hands, smiles on both boys' faces.

the next morning
(both boys had taken breaks from their jobs for a couple days so they could be with one another)

josh woke up first the next morning, tyler drooling while he was asleep on top of him. he giggled and decided not to wake him up, instead just running his fingers through ty's hair since he knew it always relaxed him. half an hour later and tyler rolled off josh, snoring loudly. josh laughed and shook his head at his boyfriend "cutie."

tyler then woke up, rolling over and seeing josh, causing him to smile

"mmm hi baby," he said with his morning voice that josh always adored.

"good morning, handsome," josh smiled back.

"how'd you sleep?" ty asked through a yawn.

"wonderfully. and i imagine you did as well with how much you were making out with the air..." he said and giggled.

tyler blushed deeply and looked down shyly "oh. s-sorry." he said, laughing slightly.

"don't be sorry, baby. it was adorable," josh said with a grin.

tyler crawled into josh's arms and snuggled into him, pressing kisses against the base of his jaw.

they ended up not leaving their home that day, only getting out of bed to go meet the delivery guy at the door with their meals. they would then immediately return to their room, cuddling and watching movies all day while snacking on whatever they had delivered.

eventually tyler fell asleep in josh's lap and he smiled down at his beautiful boyfriend.

maybe, just maybe, they had a chance of being back.

back to normal.

author's note:

wow! 10 chapters in 3 days! i'm proud! hopefully you all enjoyed this little update on how ty and josh are doing. last time i checked this had 27 reads! i'm ecstatic!

xoxo, C