chapter 32: the proposal (tyler to josh)

Tyler and Josh had been married for three years now. They were both 24 and loved each other just as much as they ever had before, if not, more. They were always talking about having another wedding, and they loved the idea, just they weren't sure how to approach the idea.

And there were still a couple things left on Tyler's bucket list.

Including proposing to Josh.

Tyler was sick.

Incredibly sick.

A 103 fever, a terrible cough, constant vomiting, a pounding headache, and all around weakness.

Josh hated seeing his husband so weak and sick, and he did everything in his power to make Tyler as comfortable as possible.

It had been two weeks and Tyler didn't allow Josh to kiss him out of fear he'd get his husband sick, and Tyler had insisted that he slept on the couch for the 14 days, not even letting Josh hug him out of the same fear.

And it hurt Josh.

A lot.

He wasn't used to not getting to kiss his husband every five minutes or hugging him whenever they were relatively close.

"Hey, baby," Tyler coughed as Josh walked into the living room.

Josh's smile fell as soon as he heard how terrible Tyler sounded. "H-hey, honey."

"Will you do me a favor?" Tyler asked politely.

Josh nodded. "Anything."

"Will you please go to our room and grab me my hoodie from the closet?" Josh nodded sadly.

Tyler smiled as his husband left the room, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the velvet box. He waited a little while to make sure Josh wouldn't be looking, and he got up for the first time in two weeks. He was incredibly dizzy and saw stars, but he forced himself to keep going.

He inched his way to their room, smiling as he swayed behind Josh trying to find balance.

"I can't find it, baby!" Josh yelled, not knowing his husband was behind him. He turned around and gasped as he saw his husband. "Tyler Robert Dun go back to the couch! You shouldn't be up!"

Tyler laughed weakly and shook his head "Just give me a minute, baby."

"Tyler, no! You're as white as a ghost!"

"Joshua give me five minutes, please. That's all I need."

Josh sighed and nodded, holding his hands out for Tyler to take. "Okay. What do you need?"

Tyler smiled and lowered himself down onto one knee. "You."

Josh gasped, tears immediately coming to his eyes. "Oh, Tyler..." he whispered.

"I love you, Joshua. And to be honest, you're all that I have. But you're all that I'll ever need. Every day I dream about being able to marry you again. I want to be able to write you new vows and proclaim my love for you in front of all of our friends. I want to go on a second honeymoon with you and act like we're making love for the first time again. I want to keep staying up all night talking about nothing and cuddling and surprising each other with dates. I want to keep ending up laughing while we're making out or trying to have sex. I want to keep being your husband, baby. And I-I know we said we're gonna wait a while, but I wanna become a daddy with you, Joshua. I want to raise a kid and give them the amazing childhood you and I both missed out on. I just... I love you Josh. I love you way too much to go any longer without having another wedding. So, with that being said, Joshua William Dun..."

He pulled out the box and opened it, revealing a gorgeous black band. He looked up and Josh with a shy smile, hope sparkling in his eyes.

"Will you marry me? Again?"

Josh smiled widely and tears streamed down his cheeks, nodding and falling to the ground, cupping Tyler's cheeks and pressing their foreheads together.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Tyler smiled and Josh pulled him in for their first kiss in two weeks, both giggling lovestruck as they pulled back.

"I love you, Tyler Dun."

"I love you more, Jo-" And with that, his unconsciousness interrupted him and he fainted in his husband's arms.

Josh sighed and kissed Tyler's forehead with a smile. "But first, we've gotta get you healthy, baby."

A/N

My first day of school is complete! I hope all of you that started today had an amazing day! Remember not to worry too much, as life will carry on. Find who you want to be in life and locate where your priorities are, and be you. Love you all. Thank you for 130+ reads!!

xoxo, c