Chapter 31- 8 years later

Lily's POV
It's been 8 years and nothing has changed, well except for the fact that Jadon isn't here. No he isn't dead, let me explain.

In our second year of college, Jadon realized it just wasn't for him so he decided to enlist in the army. Two years later he left after training and we haven't seen him since, we've received letters from him but it's not the same. It's been four years and all I want to do is cuddle with him and tell him how much I love him again but I can't.

As for Tyler, well he is still the same old Ty just this time he has someone to be stupid with. As I said at our grad party I was going to make it my mission to get him and my sister together and eventually I was successful. I'll admit it took awhile to break through their stubbornness and a lot of long distance but it worked. Bri managed to get a modeling gig in New York so she stayed in the apartment with all of us in our second year and one thing lead to another and they got engaged last year. In fact tonight is their wedding day and I couldn't be more excited for them.

Bri finally got past her issues with our family and started talking to them again so they are invited. Brooke and my dad had a little boy four years ago, his name is Brandon and he is the cutest thing ever. But as for my brother Ben, he didn't get to have his happy ending. Once his girlfriend dumped him, he decided to go work for Carter's father to continue the business. No matter how hard we try there is no escaping that family, it's going to stick with us forever.

I really wish things would have turned out differently in high school, maybe if Sage wasn't so crazy and her mother wouldn't have denied her a relationship with her father then maybe things would have been different. But instead things went the way they did and that only made us stronger.

If someone would've told me 8 years ago that I would be here right now, being the maid of honor at my sisters wedding I would've told them that they are crazy and I hate everyone. But thanks to the events that lead us up to where we are right now, I am able to walk down the isle with pride for my sister today.

"So are you nervous?" I question Bri, she chuckles. "You know I don't get nervous." She replies in a higher pitch than normal, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah right! You do that high pitched voice thing when you lie, kind of like what you're doing right now-"

"Okay fine I'll admit it I'm nervous! It was easier in high school, I could take whatever I want and not give a shit but I lost all that confidence when all my other friends left for college and I went to London. And the paparazzi might be here because someone tipped them off about my marriage! So yes Lily I'm really nervous!" She shouts on a panicked tone, I smile and shake my head, firmly grabbing her shoulders to make her look at me.

"I'm sure everything will be fine Bri, you're marrying the love of your life! You're happy and he is happy and that's all that matters. Forget the paparazzi I'll take care of them if they show up and as for your nerves, you are not that same stuck up girl from high school you are so much more than that. You're smart, beautiful, talented, lovable and so much more and those are a couple out of the many things that Ty loves about you. So take a couple of deep breaths and put your game face on, it's almost time." I say with a smile which only made her hug me really tightly.

"Thanks Lily that was just what I needed, I'm okay now. How are you holding up? I wish Jadon could be here too." She says sadly, I nod in agreement.

"I wish he could be here right now too. That's why we fought before he left, I told him not to go but he wanted to anyways. Truth is I don't know where we stand, I haven't gotten any letters from him in two years and I'm just worried that he's not going to make it back home." A tear falls down my face, Bri wiped it away with her thumb and gave me a hug as I cried into her shoulder.