Chapter 27- Life's Too Short

Jadon's POV
"Please stop showing me this I don't wanna se-"

"You have to. This is the only way to get you to forgive-"

"I can't forgive her for what she did goddamnit!" I shout back at Daniel fueled with anger. "She didn't do anything okay?! I did it of my own free will! My career was shit now that everything I knew was blown down the drain because of my injury and when she came up to me I felt relieved! I confided in her father when dad wasn't there for us and he helped me."

"What are you talking about?" I snap angrily, he sighs and shakes his head. "She helped me do the thing I was so afraid of. Please! Just watch." He turns me back to the scene of him and Sage.

"Sage I-"

"Can it Dan, this doesn't have to be difficult-"

"No listen. Read the note! I meant everything I said in it. My career is gone, my father is way worse than your mother ever will be, my brother is too engulfed in his popularity to even notice me anymore and I feel like my head is going to explode every minute of the day so yes Sage I know what you're going through and I want to help you!" Daniel shouts back, trying to fight. She pulls out a knife on him.

"I don't need help, I need revenge. Get up on that chair now-"

"You don't have to do this! I won't say anything-"

"It's too late Danny. You know too much. Now don't make this harder than it should be." Sage points her knife at Daniel who gets on the chair. "Fine I'll do it, but you are going to live with this for the rest of your life so I hope these words stick to your brain. I may hate my life right now but that doesn't mean I am going to go kill people to make myself feel better, you're doing this yourself so I hope my face stays in your brain forever." He steps off the chair and tears start streaming down my face.

"I don't want to see anymore!" I shout angrily with tears streaming down my face. "Read the Diary Jay." Dan says, handing me the diary. It's dated the day that it happened.

Dear Diary,
I screwed up bad... I didn't wanna do it, I wasn't going to, it was just supposed to scare him into not telling anyone. He jumped out of his free will. He was supposed to fight back but he didn't and now he's gone and it's all my fault! I hate my life! Why do I have to mess everything up?! Nobody can even help me, I called dad and he said he will fix everything but that was of course after calling me a screw up and saying how much of a mistake I was. My mom didn't want me and now I know for a fact that my dad doesn't either.
I can't even tell Lily because she will call the cops and looking at Jadon everyday is going to make things even harder. I drove his brother to kill himself. It should've been me not him! He deserved to be healthy and live a happy life, I should've slit my throats instead of letting him get up on that chair... it's all my fault. I wanna die.

"The next entry is dated a week later. Read it Jay." Dan demands, tears start streaming down my face more.

Dear Diary,
I tried. I really tried living with what I did but seeing Jadon's face in the hallways everyday made me want to end it. So I tried. I swallowed my mom's pills and slit my wrists yet they still saved me. Is this Gods way of punishing me for my sins? I don't deserve to live for what I've done.
Mom is putting me in rehab for awhile, she says I need to get better but the minute I get out of there I am running away. I can't take this anymore. I guess I'll write again when I get back.

"She never wrote in it until she found out that Carter got sent to jail. She wanted revenge against Lily for what she thought was Lily's fault. Jay you have to forgive her-"

"And what if I don't? Then what?" I snap, Dan grabs my shoulders and just like that we were in a graveyard where I saw Lily crying over a grave.

"What is this?" I question, he motions for me to shut up and watch.

"I miss you so much. Not a day goes by that I don't think about what happened to us. But I will never forgive her for what she did to you Jay. I want revenge and I am going to find whoever was involved with Sage and I'm going to kill them. You didn't deserve this." Lily says, wiping a tear from her face.

"If you don't forgive Sage you'll die. This is what it'll do to Lily. She became an assassin because of what happened. Ty became an alcoholic and Alec grew up without any guidance. But this is what could happen if you stayed." He grabs my shoulders again and we are in a big house.

"Come on kiddos, dad is going to be home soon we need to get ready." Right on time the door opened. It was me.

"Surprise! Happy birthday daddy!" The two little kids ran into my arms and gave me a bear hug. Then just like that they disappeared.

"You need to choose the path to stay. But in order to do that you have to forgive Sage, she meant to do what happened with Lily but not with me. I got on the chair and jump with my own free will. I wanted to die, she just helped me. You can't blame her for that, you have to forgive her. I want you to be able to grow old with Lily and Ty and Alec and I want you to start a family. But first do me a favor. Take the girl out on a real date!" I could feel myself pulling away from Daniel.

"Dan what's happening?" I question anxiously, he smiles. "Your soul is forgiving her. You're going to live a good life little brother. Say hi to the gang for me."

"Wait-" It was like the life was being sucked out of me but instead I was back in my hospital room and bright lights were everywhere.

"What if he doesn't make it Ty? It's been weeks and he's still not waking up!" Lily cries into Ty's shoulder while Ty smiles, I smile back at him. "Lily you might want to look at him."

"I can't. All I can picture is him laying in a coffin-"

"I'm not going anywhere Fitzgerald." I managed to say, she looked over with tears in her eyes. That's when I knew I was back.

Lily's POV
The minute I heard him call me Fitzgerald was a moment that I will remember forever. I'm going to stop pushing him away and start letting him in, life's too short.

I practically jumped on him and started kissing him out of joy while he just laughed. "I'm glad you're okay man, you really had us worried the night you were admitted." Ty says to Jadon while grabbing his free hand, Jadon smiles.

"Well I am okay now. I'm ready to start the rest of my life but I have one question to ask you Fitzgerald." Jadon replies, turning his head to look at me, I look up at him.

"Okay hot pants what is it?" I tease, he chuckles. "While I was in my coma, I could hear things and I saw my brother and long story short I realized that life is way too short to be playing games. So will you go on an official date with me?"

"Yes." I knew that was the official start to a better life, and I was right.