Chapter 28- You're Not A Psycho!

Lily's POV (5 months later)
I'll admit it, going back to school was hard for the three of us, by the time Jadon got out of the hospital the whole town knew what had happened and we were all trying to figure out what we were going to do and how we were going to catch up on school work but we managed to do it.

Sage's mom moved away because of all of the hate she was getting and I got my babysitting job back, all is going well so far. Tonight is my dad's wedding and I have to say that after everything that happened I am glad that everyone can set aside their differences and be happy for a change.

Brooke asked me to be in her bridal party and I was honored to say yes, after all she was there to listen when I talked about what happened while the rest of my family wanted to put me in a mental hospital. Yeah my relationship with my family did not get better at all after the truth came out. My father didn't know Ben wasn't his so he was livid, and Bri was just so shaken up that she moved out of the house and in with her friend.

Graduation and prom are coming up soon and then that's it for all of us in this town. I'm going off to New York to go to Juilliard and Ty and Jadon are going to Columbia University. Speaking of Jadon, we have yet to go out on our first date yet because our main focus was his physical therapy and making sure he will be able to dance at prom.

But for now I am sitting in the waiting room watching Brooke get her hair and makeup done. "Hey Brooke, I wanted to apologize again for any kind of-"

"I told you no more apologizing! We are past that already." Brooke cuts me off with a chuckle, I smile. "I'm glad that you're marrying my dad, you make him very happy. And after everything that I've gone through this year, you were the only one that cared enough to help me get out of that state of depression and I will forever be in debt to you for that. You made me happy and I couldn't ask for anyone better to be my stepmom."

"I couldn't ask for a better step daughter, and to think a couple of months ago if I said we were going to have this conversation you would've flipped me off." We both chuckle. She's right, a couple months ago I was ready to move away because of her but after the thing happened with Sage I learned that life is too short to hold grudges. I wish my sister would think the same but instead she refuses to take part in anything family related. Sure we talk here and there but it's not the same like it was in the beginning of this year.

"Tonight is going to be really fun, I think tonight will be your night too." She says with a bright smile, I look at her curiously. "What do you know that you're not telling me?" I question, she chuckles.

"Oh nothing-"

"You're such a bad liar." I reply, crossing my arms angrily causing her to laugh. "Let's just say it'll be a night to remember." She says with a wink, I roll my eyes.

After a few hours we were ready to start the wedding and I was more nervous than ever. I couldn't help it, I haven't been in a crowd of people in a very long time not to mention the fact that I am most likely the clumsiest person on the planet. Yet here I am in a dress and heels all dolled up for my dad's wedding walking down the isle with my brother.

Once I saw all the smiling faces of our relatives a part of me felt relieved. I'm just glad that everything can be peaceful and happy again. I'm never going back to being that girl that I was in the beginning of this year, that girl was bitter and always angry and I don't want any part of that anymore. I'm ready to let my friends and family into my thoughts and feelings, I'm ready to share everything with Jadon. Truth is, I don't think he heard me when I talked to him in the hospital.

I sat next to him and I was a mess, I grabbed his hand and just started crying. "You didn't deserve this. You had everything ahead of you and then I came back into your life and everything got ruined. You shouldn't have come to find Sage with me, maybe this wouldn't have happened. But instead you were stubborn and had to save me. I guess that's what you do for the person you love but it was stupid! You could have gotten yourself killed and then I would have to resurrect you just to kill you again for being so stupid. I'd do it because I love you damn it. I'm sorry for pushing you away, I'm sorry for hating you earlier this year, but one thing I am not sorry about is falling for you. It's always been you but I was just too blind to see it... I need you to wake up, I will do anything. I'll let you take me out anywhere you want, we can run away,get a house together, I'll even marry you ! I'll do anything just please wake up. I need you."