Chapter 8- Nothing Like Carter Huh?

"So tell me, what happened on your date last night?" Brianna questions while pouncing on my bed, I chuckle. "It wasn't even a real date-"

"The hell it wasn't! He likes you Lily, how can you not see that?!" Bri snaps, I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh really? This coming from the girl who has a guy deeply in love with her but she was too drunk to remember."

"I don't know what you're talking about!" She whines, I smirk. "How convenient. So since you're so interested in my non existent love life, who are you interested in?" I question changing the subject.

"You can't tell anyone, swear?" I make the cross my heart notion. "Okay... it's Ty." My smile got so big that I practically looked like the grinch.

"What are you smiling for?" She questions, I smile even wider, if that's even possible. "I am going to make it my mission to get you two together. Whatever it takes."

"Why would you do that for me when all I've done is be mean to you?" I smile and chuckle. "Because you're my sister, and even though we have had our ups and downs, in the end we are still family."

"Aw, come here!" She embraces me in a bear hug which is very unusual for her, but I am not going to complain. I'm pretty sure the last moment we had like this was probably when I was in kindergarten.

"Um Bri, you're crushing me!" I groan, she laughs and shakes her head. "Sorry, I'm just kinda happy right now. And since you're trying to get me and Tyler together, it's my turn to get you and Jadon. But first things first, there is a party tonight at Tyler's house and I am going to make you over and we are going to go have some fun together."

"Bri-"

"Yeah I know you don't do parties but one party is all I ask of you. Please?" She gives me the puppy dog face, I chuckle. "It's not that, the reason I don't know about Jadon is because I don't know if I'm ready to date after what happened with Carter..."

She grabs my hand. "Lily, what happened with Carter was a long time ago, Jadon is nothing like him." I sigh, and slowly nod. "You know what, all I need is to have a good time that's all. And Maybe have a couple drinks." She bursts into laughter and then starts clapping.

"This will be amazing! Good girl gone bad, I can see it now. I guess I'll be the sober driver. Lets get this party started!" She cheers, I chuckle and sit on her chair that she is giving me my supposed makeover in.

Without another word, she starts moving her brushes towards my face and within a half hour she was done.

"And done!" She turns me around to the mirror and I'm not gonna lie, I was speechless. I've never really been one who wears make up or dresses up all the time, I've been more of a sweater and jeans wearing person. Sage always wanted to give me a makeover but I never let her.

"Oh crap, we're gonna be late!" She says frantically while looking at the clock, I give her a questioning look. "I thought being late was good?"

"It is, but we are a little too late so let's get going!" She pulls me up and down the stairs which I almost fell down, and then straight into the car.
-----------
The party was in full swing, I've only been to a few of these which is why I have a deep hatred for them.

It was your typical cliché. Bri explained to me that since The Hunter's took Sara to see her relatives in Connecticut, Ty stayed home and threw a party.

I thought outside was bad with all the cups tossed on the lawn and that one person puking in the bushes. But that was nothing compared to the inside. Stepping into that party was like stepping into a new world. There was blasting music, glass was broken on the floor, there were people grinding on each other, making out, you had people doing pot, but it was the guy swinging on the chandelier that really weirded me out. But what I saw next MADE me want to hurl.

"I know this might be weird at first considering the last time you were at a party it was with Carter but things are different now... what's wrong?" She questions, a tear falls down my face as I look at them locking lips.
Brianna's POV
"Nothing like Carter huh?" Her voice is raspy as she points to Jadon making out with Sage. "Lily-"

"I need a drink." She heads for the kitchen, I look back at them and see Sage slap him, he goes to grab her but she pushes him away and shakes her head.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Either way, they hurt my sister. "What the hell was that?!" I shout angrily at them, Sage shakes her head. "Bri it's not what you think-"

"Oh really? Because Lily and I both saw you two making out, care to explain?" I cross, my arms, Jadon laughs and Sage nods. "Not only is he drunk, but he's high as a kite, he thought I was Lily and I slapped him and reassured him that I'm Sage. Please don't be mad!"

"It's not me you have to worry about Sage, it's your best friend." I walked away without another word, looking for Lily, only to find her in the kitchen chugging down what looks like her second beer.

The minute she saw me, she just started laughing. "Lily you need to pace yourself-"

"Don't worry Bri! Loosen up! It's a party!" She slurs with a chuckle, grabbing her drink and taking another swig of beer. She smiles when her old favorite song Promiscuous Girl comes on. "This is my jam! Come dance with me!" I shake my head.

"Lily maybe we should go home-"

"Why? It's a party! You wanted me to have fun, now I'm having fun!" She giggles while twirling, I stop her. "Lily, why are you being like this?"

"Why are you such a bitch sometimes? I don't understand Bri, the past four years you have made it pretty clear that I am invisible to you until I mention getting you a boyfriend, newsflash Bri, boys are idiots who just want access into your pants!" She brushes past me, I decided to let her go, I'll find her later. She needs some time to cool off.

I know she was talking about Carter. He's the one thing she never talks about after what happened.

Tyler's POV
I saw Lily fighting with Brianna so I decided to go after her just in case, she looked pretty intoxicated.

I followed her into the backyard and saw her sitting on the tree swing crying. "Lily? What's wrong?" She giggles.

"Everything. Yet nothing at the same time. Tell me Carter, why do boys have to be so dumb? Why did you have to leave me? Why didn't you take me with you?" She looks so sincere, yet so out of it. I didn't even want to correct her.

"Lily, what happened in there?" She just starts hysterically laughing. "One minute they say they love you and the next minute they just either cheat or leave, I don't understand. My father was cheating on my mother you know?" I shake my head.

"I'm so sorry-"

"Don't be, it's just a part of life. People lie and cheat and steal to get ahead or get the things they want. I just don't know how much longer I can do it Carter..."

That's it, it's time to tell her. "Lily, why do you keep calling me Carter? I'm Tyler." She looked at me confused, that is until her phone buzzes. She jumped up so quick and the look on her face completely changed. "I-I'm sorry. I have to go now-"

"No, stay please I want to talk about this!" She just ran away, I wanted to go after her but I couldn't.

Lily's POV
I got a text that made my heart stop. I had to leave as quick as possible, I couldn't break down in front of Tyler.
From Unknown:
Hey Babe, just wanted you to know that I'm back😉
-Carter

It was like everything was spinning. Unwanted memories came back and I just started breaking down. I don't know what to believe anymore.

My world is slowly crumbling down and there is nothing I can do about it.