Chapter 7- I'm Gonna Birthday Bash You In The Head

Last Friday was just a disaster. Sara and Sage are planning some devious scheme that actually is both scaring and annoying me because I don't know what it is that they are planning.

But unfortunately today, Friday October 1st is my birthday. Lets hope that this day goes a lot better than last week.

I walked into school with my head held high. Word got around in school about my mom and now everyone is trying to treat me and Brianna like charity cases, not that Brianna minds but I do. I'm just thanking god that we don't share a birthday.

The only reason Bri is in my grade is because she started school late one year. It's a long story but to sum it up, mom thought Bri had the looks of a model so she took her to a photo shoot in California and she was competing to be on some magazine. Anyways, when she got back it was the end of the year so our school couldn't take her so they made her repeat the fifth grade.

As I approached my locker someone covered my eyes. "Guess who?" A voice that I recognize as Jadon's says, I chuckle. "I know it's you dumbass, can you uncover my eyes now?"

"So feisty. Yes I can." I turn towards him and open my eyes to see him with a bouquet of my favorite roses. "Oh my god they're beautiful." He smiles.

"Just like you. Happy birthday." I give him a hug. "Thank you." I reply while opening my locker to see a note attached to it.

A beautiful rose for a beautiful girl. Follow the clues that will lead you to your birthday surprise.

I glare at him. "So you're in on whatever it is that Sage and Sara are scheming? I bet Ty is in on it too."

"Nope. Just me, Sage, Sara, Alec, and Matt. Ty and I are not really on good terms, I kind of told Bri that he liked her and she threw up on my shoes after." I punch his arm.

"Why would you do that!" He chuckles and replied "it's a long story. Also OUCH! You punch hard damn."

"Oh suck it up, you're the football team captain, you can take a punch from me. Now tell me, why did you tell her?" I demand with a frown on my face. What was he thinking? He could have ruined everything that they had going.

"Does it matter? She's practically throwing herself at him now." He replies with a chuckle as the bell rings signaling us to go to our first class which both Ty and Jadon have together.

"Well I have to get going, I have a presentation for my English class. Happy birthday." He kisses me on the cheek leaving me to blush like crazy as he walks away.

Okay, I'll admit it, I like him a little. But the truth is, I don't know if I trust myself to be in a relationship after two summers ago.
-----------
"Happy birthday best friend!" Sage says while opening her arms and practically giving me a bear hug. "Thanks, so are you going to tell me what all of you are planning?" She chuckles.

"Not one bit. It will be a surprise, but what won't be a surprise is when you finally say yes to Jadon's gestures." I roll my eyes at her attempt to be subtle.

"Sage... I told you-"

"Yeah yeah player blah blah Daniel blah blah Carter, all of that's history! Just go out with him!" She says rather loudly causing attention to go on us.

"Sage, Lily, is your conversation so important that you have to interrupt my lesson?" Mr. Malik, our math teacher replies angrily, I shake my head and glare at Sage.