Chapter 21- Caller Unknown

Lily's POV
All of our parents came to pick us up later that night. They refused to tell Sage's mom anything until she got here and I was there when they told her...She blamed me for Sage's death and she was right, it is my fault. If I would've just listened to Jonah then maybe she could still be alive right now. But I was stubborn and selfish, and it's those two traits that put us all in danger.

Now we are back home, I've been sitting in the dark corner of my room just staring at the walls for hours. I can't eat or sleep or even drink anything without hearing what her mom said in my head.

"You bitch! This is all your fault! I didn't want you both to go on that trip and yet you somehow managed to convince me and look where that got you...Look where that got my baby! She's dead because of you Lily-"

"Please don't say that-"

"She is! I never should've let you girls leave that day! I should've gone with my gut feeling and said no. It's because of you that she's dead Lily and I hope that sticks with you forever."

"I'm so sorry-"

"Save it. I don't want you near me, I don't want you near my family, I don't want to hear from you or even see you at that funeral do you hear me?! You are not to step foot near her again! It should've been you not her. I hope you die, you can go slum it up in hell with your whore of a mother-"

"That's it! You've gone way too far. I understand you're angry, who wouldn't be your daughter just died but how dare you take that out on my sister. And bringing up our mother? That's low even for a Jesus freak like you. You say you praise the Bible and shit yet here you are breaking one of the ten commandments. You should be ashamed!" Brianna said, getting up in her face.

"I'll say whatever I want after what happened. I hope you rot in hell." Sage's mom spits in my face which was enough to make Bri attempt to pounce on her, we all held her back.

"It's all my fault. It's all my fault. It's all my fault. It's all my fault!" It was at that moment I realized that I had completely lost it. I started screaming, throwing and breaking things because I was slowly losing my mind. And in the midst of all of it, my phone rang. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw the caller ID.

It was Sage...

"Hello?"

"Hello Lily." A voice that I don't recognize says with a chuckle, they have a voice modifier on so I couldn't tell who it is if I wanted to. "Who is this?"

"It's me. Sage." A creepy voice that I recognized as Sage's says, I start shaking. "Is this some time of sick joke?! I'm not crazy! Whoever this is you better return the phone and leave me the fuck alone!"

"Don't you wanna see your friend again Lily?" In the background I can hear a girl screaming, that only made me panic. "You're bluffing."

"Oh really? LILY! LILY DON'T DO WHAT HE SAYS HE IS GOING TO KILL YOU ALL! YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!" A tear fell down my face at the sound of her voice. No. She's dead... I saw her died, we all saw her die.

"I swear if you hurt her-"

"What are you going to do? You don't even know who we are. You may think you know it all but think again Lily." The voice replies with a chuckle, another tear drips down my face. "You don't know a thing about me-"

"That's what your mother thought, yet do you see her anywhere? No, we made sure to take care of that. Watch your back, we're coming for you and your friends." The line went dead and I started flipping out again. I automatically texted Ty and Jadon in a group chat, I even added in Carter because maybe he knows what is going on and why.

Lily- We have to talk. She's not dead. Someone kidnapped her.

Ty- Slow down what are you talking about?

Lily- The others! They took her!

Jadon- She's dead, we saw her die. You saw her die in your arms.

Carter- He's right Lily, nothing is going on. And I thought you hated me so why am I in this?

Lily- Because you know who the others are... and I think you know why they killed my mother. I. Want. Answers. And you're going to give them to me. Meet me tomorrow in my backyard and we will talk.
----------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, sorry this is a short chapter but I wanted this to be a chapter alone because it explains some things that are happening. Anyways, what do you think is going to happen next? Do you think Sage is really alive? Who are the others? Comment what you think is going to happen and don't forget to vote! Thanks

-Jen