Chapter 6- Homecoming, Or Should I Say Disater Day

Sage's POV
The other night at my party was pretty wild, I can't believe that Jay would do that to Ty. But then again, Ty kind of deserved it after the bet he made. Now I don't know what Ty said to Jadon or vise versa but all I know is that things have gotten very awkward and intense.

"Hello ladies." Ty greets us with a smile. "Sup Ty." Lily replies with a smile, he chuckles.

"Nothing much, just wanted to see you smile." He replies with a smirk, she rolls her eyes. "Well she's smiling very hard congratulations. Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if you were going to the game tonight?" Jadon replied, Before Lily could even answer, I reply yes for her.

"Actually, yes. We may not be going to the dance but Lily is bringing Sara to the game." She glares at me I smirk.

Lily's POV
Ugh I can't believe her! She's giving me the "you'll thank me later" look, like what the heck is that supposed to mean?

The bell rings. "Ah, saved by the bell! Don't want to be late for class right?" I chuckle nervously. "Will Liliana and Brianna Fitzgerald please report to the principals office." Someone says over the loudspeaker, I sigh.

"Uh oh did good girl finally do some bad?" Jadon teases I roll my eyes. "Shut up. I have to go, see you later." I curiously walk to the office and see Bri sitting there with her arms crossed.

"Bri, what the hell did you do now?" I question angrily, she flails her arms in the air and replied "nothing I swear!"

"Brianna, Lily, the principal will see you now." We get up and walk into mrs. Carvers office, I stand still when I see a cop next to her.

"What is this about? I have a math test." Brianna asks angrily, I glare at her. "It's about your mother, Olivia Fitzgerald."

"What about her? She's dead, we know." I reply bitterly, the officer looks uneasy. "I hate to tell you this but the results to her autopsy came back... her death wasn't an accident..." Brianna starts crying.

"What are you saying?"

"Your mother's death wasn't an accident because your mother committed suicide. We found a note in her car..." It was like my heart stopped. I couldn't listen to anything else the officer said. All I could picture was my mother's body crushed up in that car.

I pushed out my chair and calmly walked away. "Lily!" Principal Carver calls out, I don't respond.

"Lily, I decided to wait for you, what happened in there?" Jadon questions, I don't respond. "Lily, please! Talk to me-"

"I don't want to talk Jay! I just want to wither up and die. It's what I deserve!" A tear falls down my face, I don't bother wiping it away.

"What are you talking about?" He questions, at this point everyone came out of class to watch me breakdown. I just walked out to my car, almost getting hit by another car.

"LILY!" Jadon pushes me out of the way causing both of us to roll onto the concrete. I start hitting him. "Why did you do that! You could've gotten yourself killed!" I scream at him, he gets mad.

"Me?! You could have gotten killed!" He shouts, anger clearly evident in his tone of voice.  "I deserve it!" I scream back, he gives me a look of sympathy.

"Look. Just leave me alone okay?" I snap while getting into my car, he gives me a sad look. "I'm not-"

"Please Jay, I need to be alone now. Tell Sage that I'll talk to her later."

"What about the game? Are you still coming?" He asks, I shrug. "Maybe I don't know, what I do know is that right now I just need to be by myself." Without another word I drove off, going to my safe place which is the ice cream shop.