Chapter 13- Mhmmm Sure

Weeks had gone by and Halloween was already around the corner. Everyone was so excited to go to all different parties and then there was me just sitting on the floor in shock of the news I had just heard.

"Girls can you come downstairs please!" Dad shouts, I roll my eyes and walk downstairs only to see him hand in hand with the slut he brought home.

"Dad we told you not to bring her here anymore. She's not welcome." I looked over at Bri only to see that she is basically grinding her teeth together, dad only squeezes her hand tighter.

"Well um that's too bad because Brooke is going to be here for a while... we're getting married!" The slut he calls Brooke raised her left hand only for us to see a shiny diamond ring.

"You're shitting me"

He had been dating her for about two months and he had asked her to marry him?! What the actual fuck?

And to top it off, he's hosting an engagement party on Halloween and Bri and I have to go because unfortunately people in this town talk and we have to continue being the perfect family.

"I can't believe this!"

"Please Bri-"

"Don't say my name! You're the scum of the earth! I hate you!"

After Bri had a meltdown that day I told her about me finding out about him and that slut, he promised that he would stop seeing her so we can work on building our relationship back as a family. I couldn't stand the fact that he had been lying to our faces.

I got up and walked out without a care in the world. After I reached the door I just ran. I didn't know where I was running to until my feet brought me to the house.

My hands shook as I rang the doorbell, the minute she answered and saw me crying, she took me inside and let me just cry.

"Lily what happened?" Sage questions, I put my head in my hands. "He's marrying her... this can't be happening."

"Who Lily? Who is marrying who?"

"My douchebag of a father is marrying the slut he was cheating on my mother with. They are even having an engagement party Friday. I hate this!" Tears stream down my face faster by the minute, she hugs me. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Here, let me make us some hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, it used to make us feel better after Jadon and Ty left."

A few minutes later she came back with two mugs of hot chocolate. "Look, I know that we have been fighting a lot lately, but I want you to know that I am here for you no matter what is going on."

"Thanks. I really missed you, I've been such a bitch lately and it's just because I've been on edge and I took it out on you and Jadon. I'm really sorry." 

"Don't be, I understand... So what's the deal with you and Tyler?" She questions with a smile, I chuckle. "What deal?" She lightly pushes me.

"Oh come on, everyone is talking. You guys have been spending so much time together, what's the deal?"

"There is no deal, yes we are really close now but I can assure you that nothing romantic is going on between the two of us."

"Mhmm sure." She replied, crossing her arms and shaking her head, I slap her arm. "Gee so supportive. Last month it was Jadon, this month its Ty, make up your mind on who you want me to be with so I can give the other to you."

"No way, I have my eye on a certain someone, it's this boy that works at the ice skating rink, he's super cute and his name is Wesley." She has a seductive look in her eye and I already know what she's going to say. "Let me guess, you want me to go with you with Jadon or Tyler so you can talk to him and I can have a distraction from my family life?" She slowly nods, I cross my arms.