Chapter 30- You're Late

Jadon's POV
The past two days have been absolute paradise thanks to Lily. If it wasn't for her amazing acting skills we wouldn't have been able to stay at the hotel. And I got a call this morning from the tow truck company saying that the car was ready so now all we have to do is find a way to pay for it and get back to graduate in time.

We had to run about a mile just to get to the car shop and once we finally got there and got the car the count down till graduation was two hours which meant we had to get there right on time otherwise we wouldn't be able to graduate.

"We are going to make it back in time, don't worry Jay." Lily tries calming me down, I shake my head. "From here it's an hour and forty minutes. We might just make it I don't know, especially if we hit traffic it is a very slim chance. My mom promised she would be there, I don't want to not show up the first time that she is actually there for me." I snapped, immediately feeling guilty for my outburst.

"I'm sorry I-"

"No it's okay. I understand, it's a very special occasion for us and it's amazing for your family to be there for you after everything. But I believe we will make it there." I wanted to believe her but the minute I heard the sirens was the minute I lost all hope.

"Pull over the vehicle!" The sound of a voice through the bullhorn said. I pulled over, not wanted to get arrested tonight. The officer walked up and knocked on the window, I put on a fake smile.

"Hello officer, is there a problem?" Lily questions calmly, the officer nods. "Do you know how fast you were going?" He questions, I shake my head. "You were going 20 miles above the speed limit. I'm going to need to see your license and registration please."

"Officer you don't understand. We were just trying to make it to our graduation on time. Two days ago it was prom night and I took my girlfriend somewhere special to us but then our car broke down-"

"Save the story for someone who cares-"

"Shut up Pete! Let the boy finish." His partner argues, I nod at her. "Thank you. As I was saying, my car broke down and we had to get it fixed so we checked into a hotel and now here we are finally got the car back, and we're trying to get back in time for our high school graduation so please don't give me a ticket, we still have almost two hours and that is when our graduation starts and I'm just freaking out I'm really sorry." This time it was me that started to cry, but the tears were real.

"Say no more. I know I'm not supposed to do it but we can escort you there. Where are you guys headed?" The partner said with a smile. "Portland, and thank you so much!" Lily replied happily.

The cops walked back to their car, sounded their siren and escorted us all the way back home where we had literally two minutes until we had to go on. "You guys made it thank god! Lily you're on!" Tyler said frantically, she looked at him questionably.

Lily's POV
I looked at him as if he had three heads because honestly I had no idea what he meant. "What are you talking about?" I question, he chuckles.

"Valedictorian! Sara got sick so you're on!" To say my eyes bugged out would be an understatement. "What? No! I can't! I don't even have a speech!"

"Well too bad, you have to line up with mrs Beatrice the guidance counselor, they started walking on stage, go! Run!" I ran so fast, even though in the case something happened to Sara  I knew where I had to line up and that was with the teachers which walk down the isle first so I have to run as fast as I can in heels just to get to mrs Beatrice.

"Lily you're here thank goodness! What happened?" Mrs Beatrice questions worriedly, I chuckle. "It's a long story but I'm here now that's all that matters." I reply with a smile.