Chapter 2- Babysitting

Tyler's POV
It had to be at least 3AM, the lights were on so I'm guessing Ivy and Blake are home. Damn it I forgot my keys.

I stupidly decided to ring the bell and I am confronted by a very angry Lily. "Are you trying to wake your sister?!" She scolds, I hold my hands up in surrender.

"No, I just forgot my keys. Why are you still here?" I question while walking past her and pouncing on the couch. "I could ask you why you're getting home so late but then I remembered I don't care." I chuckle.

"You didn't answer my question." I reply, she sighs. "Mrs Hunter texted me saying that they were going to be late but I never thought this late, especially on a school night." She replies, I kind of freak out.

"Tyler what's wrong?" She questions while putting her hand on my arm. "It's happening. It's all happening again. I can't lose them too." I lost my parents in a car accident, I can't lose Ivy and Blake too.

"What's happening again? Tyler talk to me-"

"Just go. I'll be fine." I snap as a tear falls down my face, she shakes her head. "Ty I'm not leaving. We were once friends-"

"Key word being once. I'm fine. Sara is sleeping. I'll make sure you get paid. See you tomorrow." I can see the hurt in her eyes but I can't talk about it. I won't.

"I don't know what's gotten into you but-"

"I said I'm fine. Just go!" I snap. It's the anxiety taking over. I'm scared that something happened to them. "Fine." She grabs her bag and storms out.

Lily's POV
Ugh! I can't believe him! He's has some nerve!

I get in my car and drive to my house. Luckily, I was able to paint it earlier so my mom isn't going to notice. I called Sage angrily.

"Ugh what Lily? It's four in the mourning!" I sigh and start ranting. "I can't believe him!"

"Him? Who him?" She grunts, I slam my hand on the wheel. "Tyler-"

"Why were you at his house this late?" I can practically hear the smirk on her face. "His parents were running really late and then he started freaking out and he yelled at me and told me to leave."

"I know you don't want to go home right now, want to come over? You can climb through the window like old times!"

"Alright. But I can't promise you that I will sleep. After all we have to get up in two hours." I reply, she chuckles. "Fine. Just get over here, now you are gonna be forced to wear my clothes."

I roll my eyes and pull into her driveway. "Alright I'm here, come get me-"

"Nope. You're climbing through my window." She replies stubbornly, I chuckle. "No way, I'm way too tired for this-"

"Well I'm way too tired to be woken up at this time. Either you climb through my window or you're sleeping in your car." I grunt and get out of the car. "Fine! I'm climbing up now." I hang up the phone and put it in my back pocket. I used the ladder she keeps in the back to climb up and get through the window.

"Damn Lily, you look like you got run over by a truck." Sage says with a chuckle, I huff. "I'm out of shape okay? Leave me alone!" I groan causing her to chuckle.

"So talk what happened?"

"I was babysitting and Mrs Hunter texted me saying they were going to be home late so I started reading. Once Tyler got there and saw that they weren't here, he freaked out and told me to leave." She rolls her eyes.

"Lily, don't let him treat you like dirt. Homecoming is next Friday, why don't you-"

"No way!" I know what she's thinking and there's no way in hell. "You didn't even know what I was going to ask!"

"You were going to say why don't you ask him or Jadon to go and there is no way in hell-"

"Why not?!" She whines, I chuckle. "Because Jadon is obnoxious and Ty is rude and in love with my sister and I don't do the whole high school dance thing." She rolls her eyes.

"Maybe you will change your mind. Give it some time, you said you were going to try out for the play right? That can serve as your distraction." I sigh and nod. "Yeah but I don't think I'll get the good role, Brianna is trying out after all." My phone rings, I roll my eyes.

"Speak of the devil." I chuckle as I answer the phone. "Hel-"

"Where the hell have you been?!" Brianna scolds, is clearly evident that she is crying based on her tone of voice.  "What's wrong?" I question.

"There was an accident... It's Olivia..." Olivia is our mom, of course she never lets us call her that because she only believes in first name bases. "What about her?" I snap, she sniffles.

"She's dead." My heart drops. "I'll be right there."

"What's going on?" Sage questions worriedly, I shake my head and reply "I have to go." Without another word I ran back outside to my car only to see that it's being towed away.

"WAIT! THATS MY CAR!" Tears stream down my face and anger seeps through my body. I kick Sage's garbage can. "Well look who we have here." Jadon says, I huff in anger.

"Now is not the time Jay!" I snap, he chuckles. "I was going to ask if you need a ride-"

"No. The cops are probably there." He gives me a questionable look as a tear falls down my face. "Are you okay Fitzgerald?"

"I'm far from okay but it's not like anyone cares, after all I'm just a piece of crap." I chuckle as my mother's lasts words to me come out of my mouth.

"That's not true-"

"Who are you to tell me who I am? You act like you know me but you don't! You haven't known me for years! You left! Things are different now. You don't get to do that. You don't get to just come back and try to make everything okay when it's not!" That was it. That was the moment that I snapped. That was the moment that every piece of my heart broke and there was no way the pieces could be fixed.

"Then let me try-"

"Just leave me alone. I have to go." I run away from him. I run away from everything. But I found myself running to the one place I can't hide from anymore.