Chapter 22- Teach me

Lily's POV
"No it's too dangerous-"

"Carter do you really think I give a damn about myself?! She's my best friend and if anything happens to her I'm pretty sure I'm going to kill myself! Now tell me who the others are and why they are out to get my family!" I shout, pushing him about of anger. 

"Lily I can't-"

"Why not?! They killed my mother and they kidnapped Sage and you know why so tell me!"

"It's because our families are involved okay?! Your mother had an affair with my father a long time ago and once she found out about our business, she ditched. My fathers plan was to get me to make you fall for me and make you feel like he felt when your mom stopped sleeping with him but the plan changed once Daniel got involved! He was going to go to the cops after the rape so my father killed him and made it look like a suicide. As for your mother, I don't know what happened and I don't know their reasoning behind kidnapping Sage but I do know that your brother was also involved in this somehow. It all may not make sense now but trust me it will."

It was like I got the wind knocked out of me again. I couldn't breathe yet I couldn't stop asking questions either.

"I don't care about the story. All I want to know is who are the others and how can we stop them?" I snapped angrily,  he sighs. "The others are like a gang, my father is like a gang leader, I can't explain it but that's how Ben got out of jail, he sold himself to my father. They're dangerous-"

"Then teach me how to beat them-"

"It's too dangerous Lily." I glared at Jadon who looks like he came out from hiding. "Go home Jay this isn't your concern-"

"The hell its not! Sage is my friend and if saving her means putting your life in danger then I'm coming too, I love you too much to see you get hurt." Did he just tell me he loves me? Why is it every time we are having a moment something bad happens?!

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Carter asks sternly, I glare at Jadon and nod. "I'm in" Jadon replied as well, I sigh.

"Let me teach you the number one rule. It's okay to be afraid but they can sense fear so if you want to die then show all the fear you want. Rule number two, put all emotions aside and focus on your mission. And rule number three, show no mercy."

"That's it? That's all you have to teach us? Some guide you are." Jadon says sarcastically, Carter looked as if he wanted to rip his head off. "I can't show you here, they're watching. Meet me at gym at midnight, that's when all the cameras shut down and that's when we will make our move." Without another word, Carter walked away which left me and Jadon alone to talk.

"Are you stupid?! You're going to get yourself seriously hurt-"

"Me?! You are the one that's trying to get yourself killed!" He shouts back, I roll my eyes. "She's my best friend-"

"And you are the love of my life. Every time I see you it is as if my whole world just got better, you are the light of my life and I know that right now the time isn't right but I don't care because I love you! I love you damn it! And I will not let you risk your life to do this but you're stubborn and you're gonna do it anyway so I'm gonna do it with you whether you like it or not. We are in this together."

"Would you stop doing that?" I snap angrily, he looked at me confused but that look quickly went away and was replaced by a look of anger. "Doing what?!"

"That! Giving me sympathy and trying to be the hero! You've been doing it ever since my mom died, it drove me crazy then and it's driving me crazy now-"