Chapter 1- Senior Year

"You need to get a job Liliana! It needs to look good for Yale!" This is all I've been hearing from my mother since I finished my junior year of high school, which was 3 months ago.

I don't wanna get a job. I've always gotten the perfect grades. I have the perfect academic record. I have the perfect life, the perfect family. The perfect everything.

But I'm tired of being perfect. This year I made a vow to myself that I would take risks and that is exactly what I'm going to do.

I decided to call my best friend Sage, she knows what to do with makeup. "Why are you calling me so early?" She groans, I chuckle.

"It's a girly girl emergency-"

"Say no more. I've been waiting to hear those words come out of your mouth forever. I'll be over in ten." I'm taking a new year new me to a whole knew level. 

Nobody likes a smart, nerdy girl.

As she said, Sage was over within the span of ten minutes with her makeup bag, curling iron, and a bag with multiple outfits in them.

"Alright so I have an idea. Instead of my level of clothes, we start you off with a tomboy sort of style, I can do your hair and make up and it will be amazing. Of course you can still wear your glasses if you want, I brought contacts just in case. Are you ready for this?" She asks over excitedly, I smile.

"I'm ready."

Tyler's POV
"Sup Ty, senior year we're going to own this school!" My best friend Jadon shouts while getting out of his Porsche, I roll my eyes with a chuckle.

"Sup Jay. How was Europe?" Over the summer, Jadon visited his mom in Europe. Meanwhile, I was stuck at home babysitting my little sister.

"Amazing! Lots of chicks, and mom bought me this bad boy." He gestures to his car. "How was your summer?" He questions while pointing at Brianna Fitzgerald, I shake my head.

"My summer was great, I played some ball, video games and as for Bri, nothing. I can't talk to her, nothing comes out of my mouth!" I grunt angrily while kicking my bike.

"Well that's all going to change this year my friend. My goal is to make you two the biggest power couple ever. I hear she's going up for head cheerleader this year, you should run for football captain." I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"That position is filled by you. Besides, I'm more into lacrosse-"

"Then go for lacrosse captain. I told you, I have a plan this year and it will be a good one." All of a sudden, a car comes speeding into the parking lot and almost hits Jadon.

"Watch it bitch!" Jadon shouts angrily, the person gets out of the car with a smirk plastered on her face. "Maybe you should watch where you're standing. Wouldn't wanna get hit now would we Jay Jay?" A smirk raises to his face as she walks into the building. Sage gets out of the car as well so I say hi.

"Hey Sage." I wave, she smiles and waves back. "Hey guys, senior year how do you feel?"

"Just great now that your friend almost killed me with her car. Who is the new girl anyways?" Sage laughs. "She's not new, she's always been here."

"I think I would have noticed a fine girl like that-"

"You have. Just not in that way. That was Lily." My eyes bug out. "Hold up. Lily like nerdy Lily?" I question, she nods.