Chapter 18- You're In Danger

Lily's POV
Somehow I convinced my father not to send me to a mental hospital, instead he sent me to Sage's house considering that her parents are really religious.

"Wakey Wakey Lily pad! It's vacation time!" Sage shouts, jumping on top of me, waking me up from my deep sleep.
"I hate you-"

"You love me-"

"I was having a Channing Tatum dream and you woke me, I'm pretty sure I hate you." I reply with a glare, she laughs. "Fair enough. But seriously though get up, Jadon is outside with the car." I jumped up, quickly brushed my teeth, threw on decent looking clothes, brushed my very knotty hair and put it in a messy bun. I grabbed everything I needed and was out the door.

"Hurry up Lily you're so slow!" Ty grunts, honking the horn, I face palm myself once I realize I forgot my meds. Apparently my dad is making me take them now which is bogus. "Crap, I forgot something, I'll be right back!" Ty slammed his head on the steering wheel, I chuckle and run inside.

"Don't go." I jumped. Actually, jumped would be an understatement, I don't know what to call what I did. "You're the guy from that party, how did you get in here?"

"Please don't be afraid. I'm sorry for everything that happened that night but you need to know that Carter is planning something big." I chuckle, crossing my arms. "Oh really? Last time I heard you were worse then him-"

"It's complicated! Just listen. Don't take your medication, Carter has been switching them. It's all part of a master plan. He's going mad-" He is cut off by the honking of the car horn.

"I have to go. Do me a favor and get out-"

"Listen to me! He's planning something."

"If this plan is so big then why don't you tell me?" He shakes his head. "Because if I tell you they will kill me. They are watching your every move and they won't go away-" The horn honks louder. "LILY HURRY THE FUCK UP!"

"Please just watch your back and be careful what you say and do. He's dangerous, and his father is even more dangerous. There are others. You may think you're safe but you're not. Be careful who you trust Lily, it could be the biggest mistake of your life." I walked away without another word, I ran downstairs and jumped in the car.

"Carter said he was meeting us there right?" Sage questions, I slowly nod, trying to comprehend what just happened. "Perfect. The plan is in place."

You have no idea.
----------------
Once we arrived in Beverly Hills, everyone was exhausted. We had to take shifts driving and it was just a mess but luckily now we are at the hotel and we can rest.

"Guys, there is something I have to tell you." So I told them about the guy from the party and what happened that night but now is where the real stuff comes in. "He's dangerous guys. I'm afraid of what he might do and especially because of who his father is-"

"Wait, slow down. Who is his father and why are you so afraid?"

"There is a reason I am scared of Carter and don't hate him. I was scared because he killed my baby, but as messed up as it sounds, I don't blame him considering everything with his dad. His dad is a very bad man, of course my family knew this and I didn't until that night at the hospital. Once you guys left, Ben came in to talk to me and he told me who his dad really was. Apparently, his father is in a gang called Skull and Carter is being forced into it. Basically if his father doesn't have a grandson then he will be killed and Carter will be killed as well-"

"But that's good isn't it?"

"No. If that baby wasn't a boy then that's it for me and my family as well. As messed up as it is, Carter did what he did for my sake as well as his. I don't hate him, I'm just scared at the monster he became because of it. His father-"

"His father is just an influence and an excuse for what he did. He is bullshitting this to try to use it as an excuse. Don't you see? He's never going to leave you alone! We have to put a stop to this ourselves once and for all and that all ends on this trip. Justice will be served and he is going to get what's coming to him." Sage interrupts angrily, I sigh. I really hope she's right but what I am afraid of what his father will do.

It's never going to end.

My phone buzzed and I saw it was a text from Carter. "It's him. He said he just left the house, he should be here tomorrow."

"Perfect. There is nothing to worry about Lily, he will not get you or do anything, we will make sure of it." Tyler reassures me, I give him a hug because the honest truth is that I am so scared that words can't even describe it.

Whatever happens to them is my fault and it's all because I took that stupid babysitting job. If I wouldn't have done that, then Ty wouldn't be my friend and  maybe Jay wouldn't be either. If I didn't take that job they would be safe.

But I was selfish.

Who knew that being so selfish will make me pay the price later on?