Chapter 31

Knife

Raines stomach grew bigger and bigger until she could no longer hide the fact that she's pregnant. Now she has to head to school and reveal that she's pregnant to everyone. Raine stayed in the car as we got to school.

"I don't want to go in. What if everyone makes fun of me? What if everyone will judge me or laugh at me? What if they all just stare?..." Poor Raine, she's really worried. I grabbed her hand and held it to my lips.

"No matter what happens, no one and by no one I mean no one will defeat the headstrong person sitting beside me. Don't let them and they won't." Raine kissed me hard.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I smiled.

"You sat beside me and defended me. I think it's the other way around." She smiled and we hopped out of the truck.

Stares surrounded us as we walked to the front door. Even I felt nervous. I don't want to know how Raine feels. At least John was subbing for Computer Science until the end of Christmas break. Thank god Mr. Beetle went on Vacation to a snowy place for a white Christmas. We wandered down the hallway and into computer science. More and more stares followed us through. We couldn't get to our seats quick enough. Knight ran into the class as the bell rang. He sat beside me and turned his head.

"I'm really sorry I wasn't there beside you this morning, I will be with you the rest of the day or most likely whenever I can." He's a good brother to Raine. Good. Usually three months don't show as much but with twice as much in her stomach then I guess it kinda doubles the size. The class went really well. Now let's see if we can get through everything else.

------------

We were sitting at the outside table for lunch. All has gone well so far. We are and talked. Knight looked up and sneered.

"Bitch coming at one o'clock!" We all turned around and Quincey stood behind us. A crowd encircled all of us. God, does everyone feed off drama, here?

"Raine, that big stomach does not suit you? How far along are you? Six months?" She turned to me. "How does it feel that your girlfriend is pregnant with someone else's baby?" She thinks it's six months because of the size that it's six months. Raine and I didn't know each other back then. I stood up and walked over to Quincey.

"You do not get to open your big mouth and make Raine feel like shit because of her stomach. How far along is she? Well she's only three months in and I don't know how it feels that my girlfriend is pregnant with someone else's baby because it's mine. Now why don't you go and stop being a bitch because no one likes you and all the boys are only wanting to screw you then let you loose. So why don't you act like you're nice and worth something instead of a piece of worthless shit." I can't believe I kept my calm through the whole thing. Sort of. It sounded like I was calm but in reality I was losing my mind. She started crying.

"Hey!" I turned around to find Kade Barron, Quincey's little brother, trudging towards us. "What do you think you're doing, making my sister cry?" Oh he's in for a treat.

"Well she was dissing my girlfriend." I motioned towards Raine, who looked like she was ready to fight.

"Well, she shouldn't be pregnant in high school. That just proves she's a slut." I threw a punch that landed right on his jaw. His buddies tried to rip me off of him. Knight and Rhys started throwing punches along with me. The whole group went down. Knight stared at Kade.

"Never call my sister a slut!" Teachers piled out and grabbed Knight, Rhys and I and shooed us into the office. The principal came out.

"What do you think you guys were doing?" He looked at all of us. Knight spoke up, enraged with hate and anger.

"No one ever calls my sister a slut! No one disses her ever! Or else that is what happens!" He looked at me.

"Peter, who started it?" I took a deep breath before starting.

"Well, The thing is, Quincey started dissing Raine so I kinda called her out on it. She started crying. Then her brother came along and called Raine a slut. I got really angry and threw the first punch." Knight looked at me like I was crazy. I added. "No point in lying." He just shook his head. Mr. Jackson looked at me then at the other two.

"This is the first time you have ever done anything  like this and it's for a good reason so I'll let you off with a warning. But if I ever catch something like this again, good reasoning or not, you will be in trouble. Understand?" We all murmured our understandings then left. Kade and his buddies walked in the office. Once the door closed, we all started laughing. Knight doubled over.

"That was great. Did you notice he had fear in his eyes when he noticed our jackets? Priceless!" That caused us to all double over along with him.