Chapter 25

Knife

After everyone left I took Raine to her room. I handed her a bag of ice I had grabbed. She looked at me.

"What is this for?" I gave a gentle smile.

"Your neck is swelling. The ice will keep the swelling down and help with the bruises." She nodded. She still had her makeup, hair done up and clothes on. Only thing that wasn't there were her wings. I laid her down on the bed. "Where is your makeup remover?" She tried getting up but I pushed her back down. She pointed to a blue container of makeup remover wipes. I wandered over to grab it. I ripped a wipe out of the package and started wiping her face. Makeup came off as soon as the wipe touched it. I sat her up, brushed out her hair and placed it in a ponytail. While she was still sitting up, I took off her shirt. "Bras on or off?" She let out a deep breath.

"Off please." I did as she asked. I laid her back down. I grabbed the rim of her skirt and pulled it down. She smiled. "Underwear off too." I rolled my eyes as she laughed. I pulled off her underwear then placed my mouth on her stomach. I started making my way down. I sucked her clit. She moaned. I fiddled with it a little longer before I stopped.

"You should sleep." She kissed my mouth.

"I love you, Peter 'Knife' Wild." I smiled.

"I love you too, Raine Harron Hays." Her eyes widened.

"How do you know my middle name?" I laughed.

"I know everything." She ripped off all my clothes.

"I like that better." I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to my chest. I was out like a light.

------------

I woke to the sound of the garage door opening and closing. I looked over to the clock on Raines nightstand. Three thirty-four. Why would they be getting home now? I looked over to see Raine still sleeping. I slipped out of the bed, put on my pj pants and headed downstairs. Knight and Elvis sat at the kitchen counter. Both covered in blood.

"What did you do?" They both turned to look at me. Knight just humphed.

"We taught him to never mess with our family." I smiled.

"Did he still have the knife in his shoulder when you got there?" Elvis smiled at me.

"Yep. Good shot by the way. He's going to have to lose his arm because you cut through almost the whole arm. That knife was almost as big as his arm. It was hanging by a thread." I laughed.

"They don't call me Knife for nothing." They laughed. "He dead?" Knight sobered.

"No! Dad wouldn't let me. Instead he should be at a hospital in two states over soon. No memory though." I stared at them.

"I don't think I wanna ask. Anyway I'm going back to sleep." I waved at them and headed upstairs. I wandered into Raines room and slipped off my pj's and climbed in beside her. I could get used to this.

------------

I felt a presence watching me while I slept.

"Good morning."

"Morning baby." She put a hand on my shoulder. "Does my neck look bad?"  I opened my eyes. Well, it looks better than yesterday.

"It looks... fine." I couldn't find a better word for it. Tears threatened her eyes. Crap! "Don't cry! You still look beautiful if that makes you feel better." She sniffled then let out a small giggle. I hated seeing her cry. She looked me in the eyes and I thought she was going to say something serious and thoughtful with that look going on.

"I'm hungry!" Nope! I let out a small chuckle.

"Let's go eat then." We headed downstairs. Knight and Elvis were making breakfast. Knight looked at her.

"You look horrible!" My eyes widened. Never do that to a girl! Especially ones with hormonal problems! Common sense man! Raine started crying. Knight looked confused. Then she became angry.

"I hate you! Maybe if you were with me, it wouldn't have happened." Knight looked at the floor. Raine started crying again. "I'm sorry. I had no right to blame you." She got angry again. "I fucking hate pregnancy hormones!" Knight looked as scared as I felt. Elvis wasn't even bothered by it.

"You think your scared now? Wait till she gets bigger. It gets worse." Knight looked at me and scowled.

"Thanks for knocking her up and making her scary." Raine slapped him across the face. His eyes went wide.

"Shut up and then you can't give me reasons to be mad at you." She huffed and filled up her plate.

I took Raine to a doctor's appointment that she booked yesterday before the party. Apparently you can find out if there are two kids very early in the pregnancy. I hope not. I'm not ready for one, let alone two. Raine got away with wearing a turtleneck to cover the bruise because it was a fashion statement or something like that. She found out how to use the pregnancy to her advantage. I want this! Better get me it because it's a pregnancy craving! Luckily she has only used it on Knight and Elvis. I wouldn't count on her not using it on me soon though. We walked through the clinic doors and people moved aside for us because of my DCMC prospect jacket. We walked up to the front desk. Raine looked at the old lady.

"Appointment for Raine Hays?" The lady nodded.

"Okay. Have a seat, they'll call you in when they're ready." We did exactly as we were told. It was only a few minutes before they called us in. The nurses checked her out then asked us to wait in this little room for the doctor. It felt like hours before the doctor came in but it was only a few minutes. I had to check.

"Hi, I'm Dr.West. I'll be your doctor." The lady looked to be in her late twenties, early thirties. Still pretty young. She looked at Raine. "Can I ask you some questions?" Raine nodded. "When did you find out you're pregnant?"

"Yesterday, we took four tests. All were positive." Dr.West started writing things down in her notebook.

"Did you have anything to drink the last few days?" She looked at me.

"We had a party the night before I found out. I drank a little. Since I found out though. No." The doctor continued her notes.

"How much?"

"Two cans of beer." Dr.West nodded her head.

"Any problems with it so far?" Raine and I shook our heads. She put the notebook down. "I'm just gonna do some tests and see how the baby's doing. How does that sound?"

"Good." Dr.West placed the stethoscope by her ear and placed the bell on Raines stomach. She moved it around Raines stomach then took it off. Dr.West eyes widened as she smiled at us.

"The baby seems to have a healthy heartbeat. You can find out the gender in about five or six months. Or should I say. The babies seem to have healthy heartbeats." I'm pretty sure my mouth dropped open. I'm gonna have to kids by the time I'm seventeen. I don't really know how to take this. "You should come back once a month to get checked to make sure the pregnancy is alright. Have a good day." Raine and I just nodded and walked out the door. We decided we probably should get a schedule for the monthly appointments before we actually book it. We walked into the car. Raine looked at me.

"Twins? I don't really know if I can tell dad he was right. Although he will find out anyway." I let out a low chuckle.

"I swear this will be harder than earning a patch." Of course I already knew that but I still wanted to make the tension go away. Making a dumb comment could go either way. Luckily she laughed and the tension eased. We were still quiet on the way home.