Chapter 8

Knife

School was great today. Met a cute girl, got two new friends, couldn't get any better. I had a shift at my dad's gun shop. I was practically the janitor. Yay! Dad came up behind me.

"What is with the goofy smile?" Raine. I wasn't gonna say that though. I was going to tell him about the day though.

"There were new kids at school today. They're in my CS, advanced math and gym class. Both from Dallas, Texas. We hung out all day together practically." okay, that sounded a little lame but whatever.

"What were their names?"

"Raine and Knight Hays. They're twins." I totally want to talk about how she put Mr.Beetle and Quincey in their place today. "Mr.Beetle was being sexist in CS today and practically told Raine she was in the wrong class. She practically told him off but he wouldn't listen so Knight hacked into the school account and onto Mr.Beetles attendance. She found out his whole name and used it against him along with the attendance. She got detention with her brother but they practically came up with the same excuse on the spot. They used their dad to their advantage. When he asked who their dad was, she said she was cold turned around and put on the child of Death Chasers jacket and he freaked out it was hilarious. Then in gym, Quincey told Raine she was gonna be friends with her so she can't hang out with losers like me anymore and Raine told her off. Then in dodgeball when Quincey wasn't paying attention, Raine hit her in the back with a dodgeball. Then when Quincey told Coach that she wasn't out because he didn't blow the whistle. Which he did. Raine told her to stop trying to find out which boy to screw next and pay attention. Then Quincey asked Knight out and Knight said yes. Knight is a player, he screws then lets them loose. It was a good day. Knight already made the Football team and Raine already made the Soccer team and they haven't even played in CBTS yet or have bin to practices." Dad made a look between shock and amusement.

"Who's their dad and why would they be from Dallas and still be apart of the club?" they told me why at lunch today when I asked about their tattoos.

"They grew up with their mom and stepdad. Stepdad died of Cancer a few months ago, Mom was mauled by a wolf that gave them both scars on their faces only a few weeks ago. They live with their dad now. He is apart of the club. He gave them tattoos to remember them." It's a sad story. Dad gave a confused look.

"How could their dad give them tatt..." It clicked "Their dad is Elvis. Prez of the Death Chasers?" I nodded. His eyes widened.

"I remember them. His old lady took off with them when they were only a few months old. Elvis was devastated." He looked at me. " What are you doing standing around? Start cleaning!"