Chapter 18: Sams' Dilemma

Start from the beginning

*

Sam:

I have no idea why I don't have the courage to go up to her and explain why I haven't spoken to her. I'm a coward and I'm pretty sure Paisley has noticed. I'm so stupid! I watched as the two of them talked, Samantha didn't look so happy, but that all changed when she opened her locked and picked up a note.

"Who in the hell is writing notes to my girl!" I questioned myself mentally. I watched as a smile formed and my heart sunk. Oh no, this is bad! I can't lose her! I didn't even know someone else was interested in her! "This is what happens for ignoring her," I scolded myself mentally. My eyes were on her until I noticed Paisley looking at me. Does she think it was from me? Maybe I should take credit for this. Paisley smiled over at me before saying something to Samantha and leaving next. This is my chance. As I was going to take my chance, she walked off. I follow close behind in case I was man enough to stop her, but instead, she slipped away from me as she walked into class. Damn.

*

Samantha:

My heart would keep leaping every time I would read the poem, my heart would melt.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. I've never met anyone as beautiful as you. Xoxo your secret admirer.

I let another sigh escape from me. In my heart, I know who wrote this to me and I can't wait to see him, so I could tell him how much I loved it. I put the poem inside my biology book as I started making my way to my first period.

"Good morning class," my teacher began. "Today we are going to start the class a little differently. We are actually going to be joined with the class from across the hall to do this project," she tells us and we all groan out.

Ugh, I hate talking to new people. Suddenly, we all stop with our childish groaning when there was a knock on our door.

"Ah there they are," she says smiling. "Alright students, everyone get your things, we are going to the library," she smiled out.

We collected our belongings and filed into a line like good kids. Ha, as if, I'm surprised the troublemakers even listened. She opened the door for us and the crowd of students followed the teacher to the library. We were being so loud that some teachers from other classrooms had to shut their doors to teach. They should have shut them, to begin with.

Once we got to the library my teacher begins to explain our assignment to us, which is to basically hang out with the person for a whole week since their teacher isn't here. We have to write at least a two-page paper on the partner and what you learned about them. This is lame. After she was done, she began pairing people up by comparing the lists on both roles, from there she would be able to find out who was absent and who was here. When she got to my name, I listened carefully to who it was going to be.

"Noah," I hear her say and I froze. Who in the heck is that? I looked around and found a boy making his way to me.

"Hi," he says taking his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Noah Oaks," he smiled happily.

"Samantha Sterling," I say taking his hand and shaking it.

"I'm Sam Tucker," we hear out and we turn our direction to Sam.

My heart began to race and I looked away. I quickly take my hand back from Noah and hid them behind my back. Oh my gosh, why did this have to happen? Why did he have to be in this class! Why did he have to join this group? I could feel Sam's gaze on me which made me feel more uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" Noah questions me. I look over at him and nodded my head. "Well, do you want to take a seat at a table so we can talk about one another?" He sweetly asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I responded. I followed behind him as he picked a spot for us to sit. I placed my bag on the free seat next to me. Great, both of them will be staring at me. Currently, I would rather talk to Noah, since I'm getting nervous being around Sam. I began to take out my binder and pencil out to take notes. That's how much of a good girl I am.

"Okay, I'll begin," Noah started. "I'm fifteen, I'm in the baseball team, I love watching comedy movies and shows, my biggest fear is going into a dark room that I've never been to," he laughed out making me smile. "I am allergic to cats, I love to run, I am the youngest, and I am usually always in a good mood," he finished off. "What about you?" He said out. I finished what I was writing and looked up to find both of them staring at me. My eye contact was with Sam longer, so I quickly moved over to Sam.

"Me?" I question out and Noah nods his head.

"Oh," I say out softly. "Well, I'm going to use the subjects as you did", I tell Noah. "Okay," I let out before clearing my throat. "I'm fifteen, I am a dancer, but not in a dance team I do it just for the fun of it, I love watching rom-com shows and movies, but also scary ones," I tell them happily as I kept my focus on my notes to follow along, "my biggest fear is clowns and to be forgotten, I am­―"

"Not possible," Noah says out making me look up at him.

"What?" I questioned him with a smile.

"You can't possibly ever be forgotten you're too cute," he tells me and I froze. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came. I was so nervous that I couldn't even look away from him. When he smiled, he exposed his dimples. They are so cute.

"Keep going," Sam grunted out and I look back at my notes.

"Oh, um, yeah, well," I stammered on. "So, I'm not allergic to anything, I love going to the movies, I'm an only child, and I'm an introvert." I look over at Sam to find him writing my information down. I look over to Noah and find him staring at me. "Did you write all that down already?" I questioned him.

"If it involves you, trust me it'll be embedded in my mind," he tells me and I felt my cheeks redden. Woah, he's smooth.

"Can I start now?!" Sam bellowed out and I turned my direction towards him. Something is wrong with him, and with the thought of him being jealous makes me want to smile. "Thank you," he says eying me carefully. "So, I am fifteen, a football player, I love horror and comedy movies and shows, I'm not allergic to anything, my biggest fear is failing on anything from grades to life in general, I love swimming, I have a brother but I'm older." I couldn't help but smile, I remember. "Lastly, my favorite snack are skittles." I made sure to write that down and looked back at him. I was about to talk about the poem, but Noah asked me a question.

"Let's go to the movie," he tells me cheerfully.

"Oh, w―"

"I don't think there are any good movies out right now, so we shouldn't," Sam let out as he crossed his arms over his chest. What the hell. I rolled my eyes at him. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He asks me and I nod my head. I have been wanting to talk to him, so why not. We walked to another free table and took our seats. "So, how have you been?" He asked me with a smile and I rolled my eyes at him again. "Okay, I know, I'm sorry alright. I know we haven't talked for a month, but I miss y-that," he says trying to play it off.

"Me too," I agreed happily." So, let's put that aside and be friends again," I suggested. I was beginning to stand up but took my seat back when he touched my hand. "W-what are you doing?" I questioned him as a tingling occurred through my hand.

"Samantha, I can't take the way he's speaking to you...I don't like seeing other guys interested in you, I don't like the fact that someone wrote you a note either," he let out and my eyes widened.

"Wait," I say softly. "Are trying to tell me you didn't write the poem?" I asked with a hint of disappointment. He shook his head. I cover my face, embarrassed that I even thought it was him.

"Is everything okay here?" Noah asks as he comes to the table.

"Yeah, we were actually finished here," I tell him. The bell soon rang and that was my cue to make a run for it while I could.