Part Forty: Lovesick Confessions

Start from the beginning

“Jesus, Zayn you’re burning!” I gasped, lifting my hand up to touch his forehead. My eyes widened even more as I did this; he was literally boiling.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked in panic, running my fingers through his now damp hair. He didn’t respond, he just kept coughing miserably as sweat started trickling down his face.

“Wait a second” I said as I hurried downstairs and went to the kitchen. I filled a basin with cold water and grabbed a clean towel then headed back to his room. I could hear his coughs before I even reach the door. I entered the room again and saw him in the same state I left him in; red face, labored breathing and sweated body.

I pulled a chair from behind and settled it next to his bed, then I set the basin on the nightstand next to his bed and dipped the towel in the cold water; I squeezed the excess water out and placed it gently over his burning forehead.

“It’s cold...” He moaned in pain and tried to move his head away.

“Shh, it’s alright. It will make you feel better” I whispered softly as I kept my hand on his forehead to prevent the towel from falling. He sighed and stopped moving, allowing me to rub his forehead with the wet towel.

I kept dipping the towel in the cold water and rubbing it over his forehead until I felt his temperature getting down. I took the towel of his forehead and put it back into the basin.

“Feeling better?” I asked, laying my hand at the back of his neck and stroking through the short hairs there with my fingers.

“Yeah, thanks” he murmured and leaned his head back to my touch, but I can tell he was lying from the way he looked at me with almost closed eyes.

“You need to rest, get yourself some sleep” I told him and he nodded in approval. I pulled my hand away and got up from the chair. I was about to walk away but he grabbed my hand.

“Stay...” he mumbled and I turned to face him “Please..” he pleaded with closed eyes now.

No Lauren, walk… go away..Don’t stay here with him..

The voice inside my head told me and I started thinking for a moment, I know what happened in the last time I ignored this voice; I know where this will lead to. But once again, I ignored it, even though I knew I’ll regret this later.

“Okay..” I whispered as I sat down again in my place on the chair.

“Thank you” he gave me a weak smile, his hand still grabbing mine.

“Sleep now..” I told him as I rubbed his forehead with my free hand. He inhaled deeply and closed his eyes. seconds later he started snoring slightly, I looked at him and saw that he was still holding my hand, I tried to pull it away without waking him up but he shifted in his sleep and tightened his grip on it. I kept trying to pull my hand away but his grip was so tight around it, so I just smiled and gave up, lifting my other hand and resting it above our clasped hands.

Harry’s POV:

After we finished our interview, we drove to Nando’s. Niall was feeling hungry as usual and we decided to have a lunch, but then I remembered what Lauren told me about meeting Camila before work. I called Lauren to tell her to get ready so I can drive her there but she didn’t answer. I tried to call her again but with no hope, she wasn’t answering. I decided to call Camila instead, but then I came up with a better idea.

“Hey lads listen, I have to go somewhere” I said as I got up from the table we were sitting on

“Where? Don’t you want to eat?” Louis asked.