23

The fist raindrops hit Renjun's face and he saw how Nathan began to shiver next to him, Renjun guessed the cold wasn't the reason even if it was giving him a hard time.

He saw the snitch once or twice glittering between the stands and clouds but the try outs were way not ready to fly in this condition not talking about catching a winged ball.

"Enough of this nonsense!" Madame Hopkinss blew the whistle, she needed to chase the first years and use a spell to bring them back to the ground.

Johnny and Kun were nearly rolling from laughter but their team captain had a cloudy face when he turned their way.

"Nathan and you there, on the brooms!" he said tossing a hateful glance towards the boy.

Renjun took a breath. He was used to being treated bad, his father was way worse than anyone at Hogwarts, so no huge and stupid bully like them could frighten him. He wished Nathan good luck then moved to the broom through the field. He heard the team boys whistling and laughing in a mean way.

"On the count of three," said Madame Hopkinss while Renjun caught a glimpse of Nathan who was climbing over a broom that looked as tiny as a wand underneath his huge body.

"Professor won't he hurt himself?" asked Renjun but she blew the whistle so he pushed off from the grass flying up above the stadium.

He hasn't flown since summer at home, and it was his first time in the air here on this field. The wind was heavy but the twilight was clear enough to make him see the space around him. He was circling around the filed glancing over the situation underneath him. One broom gave in before Nathan could lift himself even an inch off the ground and Madame Hopkinss and Hansol were arguing again. Renjun giggled.

He returned to his observations, made a few more rounds till he saw something golden moving above the ring on the opposite side of the field. He sped up, the wind was flattering around him, the raindrops were hitting his face but he was focused, ready to get the snitch that started to change position. Renjun pressed to the broom to gain speed, he turned around the gaol posts, the snitch flew up but he was quicker, stretching one hand out till it touched the cold metal of the ball.

"I have the snitch, I have the snitch!" he said in excitement flying down towards Madame Hopkinss but then a loud crack filled the air and Nathan screamed like a wounded bear. The girls began to shout and the whole team ran towards the boy who was lying on the grass. Renjun landed jumping from his broom. Because of all that was happening no one seemed to notice that he had caught the snitch, the golden ball was flattering in in his hand, while he pressed it to his chest walking towards the crowd of people around Nathan.

But then he saw Hansol, his black robe flattering in the wind, he looked at him nodding slightly.

"Welcome in the team," he said in a cold way before he turned and walked off towards the changing room.

Renjun felt his stomach twisting, he made it, he really made it into the team. There was no one better but he still made it and he felt something nice filling his insides. He moved forwards but stopped in shock watching how Madame Hopkinss was trying to get the crowd away from Nathan who was crying loud lying on hie belly while a broken end of the broom was sicking out of his ass.

The news about Nathan went all over the school. The Gryffindor tower was filled with so much laughter. According to the latest rumors Nathan was still in the hospital wing, and Taeyong could imagine he will be laugh of the school for the next half of the year, when he finished his super long potions essay he was very proud of and placed his legs on the pouf where he enjoyed the warmth of the fireplace while he was resting in one of the comfortable armchairs.

"I hope he won't try out for us," Yuta was miserable, his Quidditch team shirt and shorts were filled with mud and his hair was dripping from the rain.

October came and the weather got terrible, still the approaching match with Slytherin and the news they had really found a new seeker made Yuta practice each evening. Sicheng crawled from under the portrait hole he was equally dirty and wet, the same applied to Mark whose cheek was swollen like if a bludger had hit him.

"You guys look terrible," giggled Taeyong.

"Says the one who stays next to the fire and enjoys the afternoon," groaned Yuta.

"You are the pride of our house," joked Taeyong and Yuta hit his shoulder. "Au!"

"Stop being mean, it's a Black Thursday for our team. Sicheng had accidentally hit Mark with the bludger and he fell onto one of the pillars around the stands, he's quite ok Madame Becky gave him something slimy for his scratches, but his broom is in pieces, and our seeker got a major allergy during herbology because of some stupid plants, he's in the hospital wing looks like a sick toad, Madame Becky said he won't be able to play on Sunday," Yuta fell on the chair.

"I'll go get some rest, bye boys," Mark crawled upstairs, and Taeyong noticed he was limping hard.

"So you need a new seeker for the match?" asked Taeyong.

"Yes," Yuta glanced around the common room. "You!" he pointed at Taeyong.

"What me?" Taeyong yawned.

"You will be my seeker," said Yuta.

Thank you for all the lovely support

Thank you for all the lovely support. Do you like the chapter?

What do you think about Renjun making it into the team? Will Yuta find a new seeker?

Much <3