Chapter 136

"What?" Jacob frowned, "Jacob let him explain." Connie whispered, continuing to put the pots away, "I do like living her Jacob, your my brother... Not my dad." Lucas stated, "But he- Lucas why would you want to?" Jacob frowned, "Lots of reasons... You're my brother, I miss my Dad... and Mum but I can't see her again." he sighed, "I don't want to move, I just miss Dad, he's got a new job now and he won't do what he did and Gran said she'd watch me if he had to work late, please Jacob." Lucas begged, "I thought you were happy here?" Jacob asked hesitantly, "I am... But I miss my real home now. I miss living near all my friends, I just miss Dad Jacob." "I'll think about it." he mumbled, Lucas nodded going upstairs.

He turned to Connie, who looked at him sadly. "What would you do? If Grace asked to go live with Sam?" he asked, "That's different... Grace is my baby, not my sister." Jacob sighed, "Well Hugo?" "It's still different Jacob... but I think I'd have to let him, same with Grace, no matter how much it hurt." "Why? How?" she came over standing between his legs, kissing his head lightly, "Because, I'm not their only parent... Because they want too and why should I keep them against their will." she stated, he sighed heavily "But how am I suppose to trust him, my Dad." "I don't know, but he can't regain that trust till you give him the chance." he nodded gently, "Don't let the grudge you and your Dad have get in the way of what Lucas wants, he'd hate you for it." Jacob sighed, "Sometimes I hate being an adult." he groaned, Connie laughed gently, "I think we all do." he nodded, "He might go and Miss being with us, then he can come straight back... I'll collect him myself. If he doesn't he can come visit for school holidays... weekends even." Connie looked, hearing Afia over the monitor, "I'll get her." he smiled kissing her head. Connie shook her head, handing him a beaker of water, "Just give her this... I think she's also missing night time feed and cuddles with Mummy." He nodded making his way up.

He looked into Lucas' room, hearing him on the phone, to who he assumed was their Dad. Once he ended, Jacob crept in. "Lucas." "Yeah." Jacob came to sit on the bed, "You really want to?" He nodded, "When?" Lucas shrugged, "Dad said when I want-" "Well we move next week." Jacob sighed, "Sometime this week then... I guess." Lucas looked, Jacob nodded keeping his emotions in, "Alright... But Lucas, you're always going to be welcomed her, if that's to live or visit.. Well at the new place." He nodded, hugging him tight "You're the best brother." Lucas whispered, "You too... Now get some rest, we need to pack tomorrow, so you're ready when you want to go." Lucas nodded lying down, "Night Jacob." "Night Lucas."

She looked at him, her gaze soft. She took his hand, guiding them into their room, he sighed sitting on the bed, she carefully sat across his lap. "I'm proud of you." "I'm gonna miss him so much-" "Jacob, If you want to stay round her we can-" "No, I want to move, I'll just miss him" "We all will." she sighed solemnly, "Film?" he looked, she nodded gently, "Sounds good to me Muscles." he kissed her gently, "I love you." "I love you too." she smiled, the pair getting into bed, watching a film.