Chapter 45

Saturday morning soon came around, Hugo, Jacob, Connie and Sam,on the phone, sang happy birthday as she came into the living room. She smiled happily, her eyes looking at all the wrapped presents. "Gracie Daddy wants to speak to you quickly, he has to go soon." Connie looked, she nodded and came and picked up the phone, sitting in front to the presents.
"Happy Birthday baby girl, I hope you have the bestest birthday and party in the whole world okay?"
"Thank you Daddy, I will."
"I have to go now sweetheart, I love you."
"I love you too daddy."

"Can I open thenm now?" She looked excitedly, "Well I was going to say breakfast first-" She watched the smile dissolve "But seen as though your four I guess we could stretch to you opening them now." Grace squeeled before tearing the paper away from any box she could grab. Once finished she came over and hugged them both "Thank you! I love you both lots!" She smiled, they hugged her back tightly "We love you too." Connie smiled kissing her head. "Now what would you like for breakfast?" Jacob smiled "Pancakes!" She yelled.

After eating, Connie took Grace's hand sitting her on the sofa. "Jacob and I have one more surprise for you, close your eyes." Connie smiled, she nodded and squeezed her eyes shut tightly, Jacob came in  holding a shih tzu, white with a speckle of brown. He carefully placed it on her lap "open." Connie smiled as the dog moved around trying to get comfy, "It's a puppy!" She screamed giddly, Connie and Jacob laughed hearing her, "Hugo, look at this!" He came over quietly and stroked it gently, along with Grace. "What's her name mummy?" "Well you wanted Simba didn't you?" Connie smiled

Not long before Dinner, Debbie and Fred arrived. Jacob let them in, following him through to the living room. "Look at my puppy!" Grace cheered looking to them both, they let out a chuckle, "Well what is it's name?" Fred "Simba." She smiled, "Would you like a drink?" Jacob questioned, "A coffee would be nice." Debbie smiled, "Same here." Fred looked as they sat down. He nodded going into the kitchen where Connie was making the buffet food, "Need help?" He questioned, "If you don't mind." She smiled, he kissed her lips softly "Not one bit... let me make these coffees then I'll be in." Grace skipped in, "Look what Debbie and Fred got me." She beamed holding up a ten pound note, "Have you said thank you?" Grace nodded "And gave them big hugs?" She quickly ran back hugging them. "So is this your friend?" Debbie questioned looking to Hugo as Grace went and sat with the dog. She nodded smiling, "But Hugo is coming to live with us forever now." She smiled sweetly, "Oh... really?" Hugo nodded a little, "I don't know who you are." He whispered quietly, "This is Jacob's grandma and Grandad... Fred and Debbie." Grace looked, pointing them out, he nodded smiling "Hello." He waved.

"So what's the deal with Grace's friend?" Debbie questioned as she came to help, "Erm... it's a long story." Connie smiled a little, "Is he living with you then?" She nodded, "I'm adopting him... It's what Hugo's farther wants." Debbie nodded continuing on helping, "Remind me next year just to go somewhere that'll do this all for you." She groaned, looking to Jacob, he laughed gently, "It'll be bed time soon enough." He smiled kissing her head, "Mmmm... I can't honestly wait." She whined, he laughed gently. "Well we can rest tomorrow because guess what it is Monday-" "Don't remind me." She mumbled, "That reminds me I need to get Jim to bring Hugo's uniform." She smiled, "I'll remind you later." He smiled kissing her gently.

Hours later after the party was over and the children were in bed, she flopped down into his side. He wrapped his arms around her, "How are you not tired?" "I didn't decide to go and jump around on the bouncy castle... plus I'm younger than you." She rolled her eyes. "Is it weird? The fact I'm just adopting him?" He shrugged "To people who don't know about your childhood yes, but people who know... they'll understand." He smiled, "This week didn't really go to plan." "Oh well, I'm happy, Grace is happy, Hugo is happy and you?" "I'm really happy." "Well then that's all that matters." He smiled kissing her gently, "I love you." "I love you more." He smiled kissing her gently again. "What- how... What are we going to do when you go to uni Jacob?" "Be together?" He frowned confused as to why she as asking, "No, I know, well I don't but yeah... it's just Uni is where you find new friends, maybe even a partner... you party and I wouldn't want to hold you back from that." "A you wouldn't B, we have the rest of this year and whole year to discuss that, let's just live in the moment." He smiled, she nodded and looked at him, "Stop worrying." He smiled, she nodded again with a little smile. "Now shall I carry you to bed?" "Please." She grinned, he laughed lifting her up.