Chapter 90

9 weeks later

She cupped his cheeks pressing her lips to his, "Call me as soon as you've read them." She smiled, he nodded exhaling, she caressed his cheek gently, "Hey, stop worrying... You'll have aced them." She soothed, he nodded kissing her again, he walked over to the play mat, picking up the four month old who lay rolling around, "Are you going to be good for Mummy?" He cooed, laughing as she babbled back "Oh, really?" He kissed her head gently before carefully lying her back down, Grace and Hugo stood on the bottem steps, "Good luck!" Hugo smiled, "He doesn't need luck Hugo... Jacob very smart." Grace looked at Hugo "And funny." He laughed, Jacob smiled coming to hug them tightly "Thank you." He smiled, he stood back up hugging Connie tightly, "You'll be fine." She whispered, kissing his cheek "Now go... the sooner you get there... the sooner you know." She smiled he nodded taking a deep breath before leaving.

"Right, what shall we do?" Connie smiled looking between Hugo and Grace. Hugo still being here as Jim agreed for him not to go on holiday, however he would be having a weekend away with him in the up coming couple of weeks. "Can we make Jacob a card?" Grace smiled sweetly, Connie smiled "I'm sure he'd like that, love it actually." "And we can make him a birthday card too." Hugo smiled, "Ahh, what would I do without you two?" She looked, grinning, the pair smiled running into the kitchen and sitting at the table. Connie getting out the craft things for them, she lifted Afia up coming to the table and sitting Afia on her knee, supporting her as she helped Grace and Hugo.

He paced up and down outside, refusing to go in, he didn't want to read he'd failed, that week he really didn't care but now it came to opening the paper be really did care. "Jacob, come on." Lofty laughed, "One minute." He mumbled gathering his thoughts, "The sooner you read it the sooner you can move on from it." Louise smiled, he looked up nodded "I suppose." He breathed following them inside. He found his envelope opening it, his heart pounding, he read it over and over again, not quite believing what he was reading. "Jacob?" Lofty looked, "I passed." He breathed, "I knew you-" "Lofty I passed." He grinned, "Like I've passed." He repeated until he was blue in the face, Louise and Lofty laughing, "I knew you could do it." Lofty smiled, Jacob looked back down to the paper smiling, feeling so proud of himself. He pulled out his phone, hovering over the call button on Connie's contact. Shaking his head, he pushed it back into his pocket, "I need to-" "Go?" Louise smiled, he nodded "I have someone important to tell." "I can't think who." Lofty smikred, Jacob rolled his eyes smiling before jogging off home.

He quietly came back in, making sure to make no loud noise. He stood in the door way to the kitchen, grinning at the scene before him, Connie feeding Afia while Hugo and Grace were colouring. "Did I spell It right Mummy?" Grace looked holding the card to her face, Connie nodded "Well done baby." Grace smiled proudly looking up to Hugo, her face lightly up seeing Jacob, she leaped off her chair "Jacob!" She yelled picking her card up and running over. He chuckled lifting her up, she hugged him tightly, Hugo quickly hid the birthday cards they'd made and rushed over too, Jacob lowered himself, lifting him up in his other arm. "We made you these." Grace smiled handing him her card, Jacob placed them down taking both of them, glancing over them he smiled warmly hugging them tightly "Thank you, I love them." He smiled.

A couple minutes later and Connie had finished feeding Afia and had fixed her top, Grace and Hugo clearing away. He took Afia from her arms, tickling her gently making her burst out giggling, he laughed gently. "Jacob." She glared, "What?" He smiled "Well?" He rolled his eyes "It doesn't matter." He mumbled, "Jacob just tell me, I'm not going to think any less of you... I did teach you." She sighed following him, as he put Afia in the bouncer, "Well then I guess it's your fault I-" before she could argue he picked her up spinning her around "Passed." He cheered happily, placing her down "What?" She questioned, "Connie I passed everything." He beamed, she threw her arms around him "I'm so proud of you." She stated, he nodded smiling, she looked at him, tiptoing up she kissed him deeply, her hands moving to his cheeks. He rested her forehead to hers, the pair grinning "I'm so so proud of you." "The lowest I got was a B." "So all this worrying for no reason? Jacob you didn't just pass... you passed with flying colours." "You've not heard the best bit." He smirked, "What's the best bit?" She questioned, "If I get an A in your subject next year guess who's got an A star?" He smirked, she smiled kissing him again, "I must say, I think the teacher helped for that subject." He smirked, she laughed gently, "We're going out for dinner to celebrate... you never know Mr.Masters... performance like that might just get you a desert." She whispered sultry, "Hm... I mean if that's on the cards then I'm never failing an exam again, give me one every week." He whispered back, "Mummy!" Hugo called, "And duty calls." She smiled, kissing him, wriggling away from his grasp she made her way back to Grace and Hugo helping them tidy away.