Chapter 81

"Get me home." She begged, "Five minutes." He chuckled, "I want to get home, have a proper wash... get in my bed... not listen to all these screaming kids." She groaned, he nodded "I know, I know." He smiled as Afia, began to cry, Connie carefully gave her a dummy rocking the crib gently, "How much sleep did you get?" "Lucky if I got an hour... if it was Afia, it was someone else's." She sighed he came and sat next to her, moving his arms around her "Don't, I smell." She looked, he shrugged kissing her head, "I need to go home Jacob." She begged, he nodded "I know."

"I can't believe I'm letting you drive... again." She mumbled, sitting in the back with Afia, "Hey, I think I did pretty well last time, that was under pressure an all." He chuckled setting off. "And this is where you realise Daddy always thinks he's amazing." Connie cooed at her daughter, Jacob chuckled "I am pretty amazing though." He smirked, she rolled her eyes shaking her head gently.

Once in the house, they went upstairs into their room. A smile grew wide on her face and she stepped inside, "Are these mine?" She looked, "The flowers, course they are... I told you I was proud of you." He smiled kissing her head, placing the car seat on the bed taking Afia out. "And I got you some new pyjama's... yes they are nursing ones... and I got chocolate, crisps and I thought we could lie in bed watching Netflix." He smiled kindly, taking Afia's coat off, "She's so tiny." He cooed, she came and kissed him gently "I love you so much." She smiled, "I placed one of them sheet things on your side of the bed, but I don't know if I've done it right." She hugged him tightly, "Maybe you are pretty amazing." She whispered, he laughed gently. "Now would you like a bath?" He smiled, she nodded, "I'll run it, I have to have it a certain way." "You rest and tell me." "No bubbles or anything, it the cupboard I have Epsom salt put that in, not loads and I should have some sort of scented oil put a tiny amount in." He nodded kissing her head, "On it." He smiled walking away to the bathroom, Connie sat on the bed changing Afia's nappy before holding her in her arms, kissing her head gently.

Connie had her bath and came back into bed, lying with Jacob, Afia in the crib they had in their room. "I just need to get past these first few months." She groaned, Jacob looked down "What do you mean baby?" "Afia... Not Afia, I mean breastfeeding her." She looked up "Newborns don't really have a structure it's just when they want to be fed, they have to get fed... then she'll get a routine unless she's having a growth spirt." Connie spoke, he nodded kissing her head "I know I keep saying it but I'm just so proud of you Connie." Connie chuckled, "Hm... I'm pretty proud of you too." He smiled as she kissed his cheek.

Jacob had gone to pick up Grace and Hugo from school, Connie decied to to come and sit downstairs with Afia. She rubbed her daughters cheek with the back of her index finger, smiling as her tiny hand wrapped her fingers around it. "Well aren't you just gorgeous." She whispered, "Daddy's going to spoil you rotten, but we're all going to love you." She smiled kissing her head lovingly. "And your Brother and Sister are going to love you." She concluded, watching as she sucked on the dummy.

Grace and Hugo ran into the house, squealing with excitement. "Hugo, Grace. Quiet, she's sleeping." Connie looked, the pair nodded slowing down, before taking their coats off. Grace was the first one to come over, a wide smile on her face as she looked at her sister. "I love her Mummy." Grace beamed, Connie smiled "Would you like to hold her?" Grace nodded immediately, Jacob came and lifted her on the sofa, supporting her as Connie carefully lay her in Grace's arms. Hugo looked and wiped the single tear that spilled down his cheek, Connie looked and noticed, "Jacob, I'll be two minutes." She smiled before carefully standing up and taking Hugo's hand, going out into the garden.

He put his arms around her, hugging her tightly as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Hugo, what's wrong?" She asked kindly, "Jamie fell out with me... and... and sometimes I feel like I get in the way." He sniffled, Connie looked down at him, kissing his head "You and Jamie will be friends again and Hugo, you don't get in the way, we love having you here... I don't know what we'd do without you now." He nodded "I love you Mummy." "I love you too... Now, you've got a sister to meet." She smiled, "You'll let me?" He gasped, "Of course I will." "Mummy are you okay too?" He asked as they went back inside, "I'm perfect as always." She smiled.

"She's little... littler than me and Grace." Hugo giggled as he looked down at Afia in his arms, Grace peering over the edge. "I think she likes you two." Connie smiled, they both looked at her smiling proudly "Can we go upstairs and play with her?" Grace questioned, "You two can, but she's too little to play." Connie looked, Grace nodded "All she really does is eat and sleep and need her nappy changing for now." Jacob chuckled, "Okay, well I'm going to play, Hugo are you coming?" "In a minute." He smiled not looking away from Afia.

A few hours later Grace skipped downstairs, to ask for a drink. Grace frowned, confused, seeing Connie breastfeeding. "Mummy what is she doing?" Both Jacob and Connie laughed, Jacob lifted her onto his knee. "See your Mummy is very special, like you'll be when you're a Mummy and when Afia gets hungry, your Mummy feeds her." He smiled, Grace nodded "But what are bottles for?" "Sometimes, people don't like to feed a baby like that." "Well that's silly... why wouldn't they want too?" Jacob shrugged "I don't know." "Why can't she just not eat our food anyway." "She has now teeth and her stomach is very very very small." She nodded "Simba's asleep on my bed... Can we have drinks please." She smiled.

After taking the drinks upstairs for them, Jacob came and sat back down next to the pair, Connie leaned into his side as she winded Afia, "I love you." "I love you too." "No, I mean Jacob I really love you like more than  anyone I ever have... Not including Grace, Hugo and Afia." She looked up at him seriously, he smiled "I know." He kissed her lovingly, "Promise me you aren't going anywhere." She whispered, "I have no plans to go anywhere, so I promise no matter how bad things may get, you're always going to have me." Right after he had finished Afia let out a burp making the pair chuckle, "She has perfect timing." Connie nodded in agreement, passing her to him. She looked even smaller in his arms, Connie kissed him gently "She's ours Con, like she's our human." He stated slowly, she nodded "A little bit me and a little bit you." "And welcome to the mad house Afia Masters." Jacob cooed, Connie smiled kissing his temple.