Chapter 17

"Gracie... you shouldn't have lied to daddy." Connie sighed, "I didn't want to stay there... I wanted to see you." She looked, climbing on the bed early the next morning. Connie looked at her, "Come on, you need your breakfast." Connie looked sitting up, "Can we not have toast up here?" She smiled cheekily, "And get crumbs on my bed? I don't think so misses." Connie chuckled, "Oh fine." She sighed getting back down, the pair going downstairs.

Connie poured her a glass of orange juice, while the bread toasted. Taking a sip of it Grace looked up to her mum, "Where is Jacob Mummy? I like him, he's funny and silly." She smiled, Connie smiled back "He's at home... Now remember what we said, you can't tell anyone about Jacob okay?" She nodded "I know. Mummy... my toast it's smoking." She giggled, Connie looked cursing to herself quietly.

She sat at her desk, watching as everyone came in chatting, her morning haddn't gone much better. "Settle down." She asked, her eyes not even looking to Jacob's. "Right, today we are doing a practical, which you will have to write about later. So please do this sensibly." She exhaled, "Do we get to see you in action?" Cal sniggered, Connie rolled her eyes a little, "I'll demonstrate, yes Cal." She looked, "Now you need to be in pairs." She watched them all pair up, notcing how Jacob was still at the back on his own, she didn't say anything, as she went on to demonstrate. Once finished, she glanced around the room seeing everyone getting on, she came to the back of the room to Jacob. "Don't even think about messing around." She whispered, "Okay, but are you okay, honestly?" She whispered, she hummed "Can we just do this?" She quipped, he nodded not wanting to question any further. "That's not fair!" Cal frowned, looking to them "Well maybe you should have partnered up with him... Now carry on." She looked.

He stayed back, sitting there watching her. "Jacob, go." She sighed looking to him, "I'll help you clear up." He looked, "I'm not incompetent." She snapped, "Connie?" He frowned, "You were perfectly fine last night... What's wrong?" He looked, coming closer. "Nothing, we just need to be careful here... so go." He shook his head "Make me." He looked "Don't push me Jacob." She glared, he took her hand checking the blinds were shut he sat down, "Sit." He smiled, she went to pull the chair out next to him. "My lap and now I know somethings wrong." He looked with a raised brow. She exhaled leaning into him, "I'm just over thinking everything." She whispered, he rubbed her thigh, "Like what?" "Everything, not even just this, just everything... Am even so good teacher?-" "A brilliant one." He smiled, she nodded, smiling faintly as he kissed her temple. "Just like you're a brilliant mother, friend, girlfriend." He spoke gently, "Sorry." She looked, he shrugged "I'll let you off this once." He smirked, "Would you like to come round tonight, it's film night and well Grace wanted me ask you." She questioned, "Course I would." He kissed her gently "Now this stuff doesn't clear it's self or can you do it yourself because you aren't incompetent?" He smirked, she rolled her eyes "You're help would be great."

They soon finished clearing away, "I'll see you tonight." He smiled kissing her quickly, she nodded watching him walk to the door "Oh, Muscles." He spun around, "Great work today." She smiled, "Thanks Miss." He smiled, she rolled her eyes, 'I love you' he mouthed, 'I love you too.' She mouthed back before he left her alone to work, late for his next class.