Chapter 24

"You hungry?" She questioned as they were coming close to a service station, when no answer came, she glanced over rolling her eyes, seeing him asleep. Making the decision herself she pulled over at the service station, "Jay." She spoke gently, softly running her tumb over hid cheek. A small murmur left his lips, "Jay." She spoke again, rubbing his eyes he stretched "We here?" He yawned, "Not quite... Would you like anything to eat?" He nodded, rubbing his eyes to look at her, "You're beautiful, you know that?" He questioned, still in his post-sleep haze. She blushed a little, moving some hair from her face. "What would you like?" He shrugged "Anything... surprise me." He smirked, she shook her head, leaning over to get her purse from her bag.

She came back, having gotten something for Grace incase she woke, she moved it to the back seat. Before handing Jacob his, who seemed to be more awake. "Thank you... How long have you got left to drive?" He smiled, "Around an hour or so." She smiled, "How about I drive?" He smiled, "Do you even have a licence?" "Well no, but I did have lessons last year-" "I don't fancy the idea of teaching you to drive, in the dark and on a motorway." She spoke, he chuckled "I'm a quick Learner-" "No." She looked, "Alright Sweetcheeks, you're the boss." She rolled her eyes with a smile, eating in silence.

After and hour they finally arrived, parking up on the apartment car park, she looked over smiling. He smiled back, "right so how do you want to do this?" He asked, "If you could get Grace, I'll be able to get the bags." She smiled, he nodded and carefully went to get Grace out while she got the bags. Making their way inside, they took the stairs, finding the apartment. Jacob went and placed Grace in the room Connie had shown him while she went to change.

"She's out like a light." He smiled, Coming into the living area. Connie turned the tv on, coming to wrap her arms around his neck. He smiled, letting his hands fall to her hips. "How come we leave Sunday and not Monday if collage is closed?" He questioned, "I just thought you'd want to spend a day with you family." She smiled gently, "Well then we leave Monday." He smiled kissing her softly. "I guess that's me told." She chuckled, "Would you like a drink?" She added, he nodded "Please." She nodded and slipped out his grasp, getting him a beer along with her self a white wine. Coming to sit on the couch with him she handed it to him. "Woah, Sweetcheeks. You crazy I'm not eighteen." He teased, she rolled her eyes "You're an idiot." "Thank you." She cuddled into him, taking a sip. "I sometimes forget you're only seventeen." She exhaled, "I told you... I'm pretty mature for my age." She looked up "Does it not bother you that there is like a nine year age gap." He frowned "No... Why would it?" She shrugged, looking back down. "I just know the girls in your class, they certainly aren't ugly and well I see the way some of them look at you and it sometimes just makes me wonder... why you wouldn't want to be with them, instead of me." He kissed her head lovingly "Because I didn't fall for them Connie because they'll never be you." She nodded, kissing his chest. "I love you." She looked, he kissed her passionately "I love you more... now come on, let's drink these and go to bed."

"You going to talk to me?" He asked quietly as they lay curled up together, "About what?" She looked, "Why my age bothered you before-" "It didn't- it doesn't." She looked, "No, I know but it seemed to earlier." She sighed, "Fine... I heard a group of girls talking about you today... and well it just makes me anxious." "Why?" He questioned softly, "Because those girls they're your age, you can show them off... they are pretty and why would you chose me over them." He wiped the couple of tears from her eyes, "Hey, shush... this is our break and we aren't going to get upset okay?" She nodded "Sorry." He shook his head, don't apologise... I love you, not them end of... you have nothing to worry about Sweetcheeks, okay?" She nodded kissing him, "Although it would be nice to know what they were saying." He smirked, she hit his chest gently, laughing, "That ego of yours doesn't need to get any bigger." He chuckled and kissed her once more, "Night Sweetcheeks." "Night Muscles... oh I love you too." "I love you most."