Chapter 98

"Mummy Where's Jacob?" Hugo asked as she rushed around getting things together, "Jacob got hurt yesterday and he has to be in hospital." She smiled gently, "He's going to be okay?" Hugo asked worry written on his face.  Dropping to his level Connie took hold his hands, "I promise you that Jacob is going to be just fine." She smiled gently, he nodded smiling "So I need you and Grace to be super big and stay at Grandad Charlie's after school okay?" She questioned, he nodded "All night?" "No... but you're going to have a bath there and then I'll come and pick you up, then I'll read you both a story before bed okay?" He nodded smiling "We will be super big, I promise."

She phoned him as she sat in an empty classroom, she'd chosen to go in knowing regardless of being in work or not she wouldn't be able to stay on the ward all day with him like she wanted too.
"Hey you." He smiled to himself
"Hey." She spoke softly
"How's my favourite lady?"
"Tired... worried about you." She sighed
"Con, I'm just fine."  He spoke cheerily
"I know... but I just couldn't sleep, I kept thinking of you know... what if yesterday had ended differently."
"Hey it didn't. Don't come here Con if you're tired go home and rest-"
"I never rest... I want- need to be with you."
"Alright, look the nurses are giving me evils for being on the phone, I love you so much."
"Alright... I love you so much more." She called down the phone.

The day had ran smoothly, even though everytime she passed her room sick would rise in her throat, not being allowed in as it was being used for evidence. She was getting use to teaching and looking after Afia. "Let's go and see that silly farther of yours." Connie smiled carrying Afia up to the ward he was on. He looked over smiling fondly as she carefully placed Afia down on the bed, now being able to sit for a few seconds unaided, Connie removed her own coat looking at him lay in the bed, "I'm still mad at you." She stated, pulling a chair closely to the bed, moving Afia to her knee, "Con-" He stopped as Afia started squealing excitedly as her eyes focused on him, "You excited to see Daddy by any chance Fifi?" Connie questioned and she began to kick her legs, Jacob sat himself up "Come on then." He smiled fondly, "Jacob your arm-" "And? As long as she doesn't go near it, it's fine." He argued, she nodded placing her next to him.

He moved his free arm around her, kissing her head, "She's getting so big Con." "They're all getting so big." She groaned, he smiled gently, "Do you think Mummy needs a Daddy hug Fifi?" Jacob whispered, kissing his daughters head gently, "Cuddle?" He asked caringly, she nodded removing her heels and picking Afia up as she got onto the bed, being wary of his arm, Afia lying on her. Jacob carefully claimed her lips, "I'm coming home tomorrow-" "Says who?" "Me." "No, you're staying right here till they say." She glared, "Connie... I miss being at home." He whined, "And we miss you but no, you need to rest here." "I can't even feel any pain." "No Jacob." She sighed, he simply nodded as she moved her head further into him, he kissed her head gently, "I'm sorry." "Sh... It's fine, they shouldn't have even had a gun." She groaned.

"They've taken my statement today." He smiled, she nodded looking up at him, "You're okay thought aren't you?" "Course I am beautiful." He smiled kissing her lips once again, "How was work?" "Good... well alright, I had to work in another room which wasn't helpful as all Afia's things are in the other but I can't move them." She groaned, he nodded kissing her head. She rested her head back into him, her arms around Afia making sure she couldn't roll off. "Con, you can't fall asleep-" "I'm not going too." She mumbled, he looked down causing her too look up at him, "Jacob I've hardly slept." He nodded understandingly, "Well as an order I tell you to get home and sleep." "But I can't at home, please Jacob just let me nap here... I feel safe with you." She whispered, he looked at her sadly "Sweetcheeks, I'm sorry." "It's not your fault." "This is why I need to be home, to make sure you're okay." "I am... I just want to lie with you." He nodded gently, "You going to be okay with her lay on you?" He asked gently, she nodded "I'm not going to sleep... just a light sleep." She smiled, he nodded gently.

He sat watching as she fell asleep, he gently pressed his lips to her head sighing. Afia looking at him, her eyes slowly opening and shutting "Don't you bail out on me, I'm going to be sat her like a lemon, like I have all day." He chuckled, he shook his head "God I'm starting to sound like your mother." He muttered, Afia grinned as he stuck his tounge out, he smiled "You know I didn't know it was possible to love something as much as I love you, your Mummy, Grace and Hugo?" He questioned, "How wrong was Daddy." He smiled gently, "Did Jacob Masters just admit he was wrong?" Connie mumbled, "I thought you were sleeping?" "I was... but it's hard when someone keeps talking." She groaned, he laughed gently "Alright, I'll shut up." "I love you." She spoke gently, he smiled "I love you too Sweetcheeks."