Chapter 38

"So Miss, what did Jacob do to deserve that?" Cal sniggered, anger rising within her, watching as he turned to face Jacob, "It's alright Jacob, we are here to help you, I know you think dating a teacher makes you cool, but abuse... Jacob it's not worth sticking around with anyone for that." "Get on with this." Connie manged to speak before rushing out the door. Jacob stood up, "You're a dick, you know that?" He snapped. "What Jacob, I'm just looking out for you." "Did she actually? Is that why she was hugging you yesterday?" Emily inquired, he scoffed "You're all fucking dumb if you think that... look at the size of her, could she really do that?" He frowned lifting his top hearing a few gasps "Regardless off that, she has a heart of gold so, no. No she didn't... the person you aught to be looking at is the one with the gob." He glared at Cal before going outside to find her.

He came outside and saw her stood there, crying. She looked over "Jacob you need to-" "No. No. No. I need to be here." He smiled gently, walking closer too her, leaning back against the wall next to her. She looked and moved into his side, still letting the tears fall. "They all think I did it now-" "No, they don't... Anyone says anything and I'll put them in their place flat out." She laughed half-heartedly. "I love you, you love me, we know the truth that's all that matters." He smiled gently, she nodded "I love you so much... Jacob, I'd never do that-" "Woah, Sweetcheeks. I know you wouldn't, don't ever think that I would think that." He looked, she nodded gently. Louise came outside, "Erm... Miss, we've finished that what are we to do?" "I'll be back in a second." She nodded going to walk back in before stopping, "Miss are you okay? Nobody thinks you did that... It's just Cal being an idiot." She smiled a little "I'm okay." Louise nodded. She looked up at him, "Do I look okay?" She asked quietly, "Beautiful." He smiled wiping her tear paths, leaning down he kissed her softly "Go knock'em dead Miss.Chase." He smiled, she kissed him once more, "God I love you so much." She uttered, he smiled gently "I love you so much more."

"I wish a guy would come around and I could have a love like theirs." Louise whispered to Elle as she sat down. Connie came back in followed by Jacob, "Ignore them." He whispered, kissing the back of her head swiftly, going to sit down. Setting the next task she sat down, looking as her phone flashed, frowning as she read over the text. She picked her phone up and walked outside, making people look up.
"Nadia what do you mean you can't mind her till I finish work?... Is there any chance you could pick her up and drop her off here I'm in the middle of teaching... oh thanks for informing me... tell them at reception to call the rooms phone." She groaned ending the call and coming back inside, practically throwing her phone on the desk along with herself on the chair.

"I was sick Mummy." Grace looked up at her as they walked back to her room, "I know school told Nadia... How you feeling now baby?" She questioned, "Still sick... my tummy hurts." "Alright, as soon as I can go we can go home okay." Grace nodded smiling a little. As they came outside her door Connie knelt down before her, "I need you to be a big girl and keep quiet in here baby because people are working okay?" "Okay Mummy." Connie stood back up, taking her hand and walking inside. A few people looked up, one of them being Jacob, he raised his eyebrow gently but she shook her head a little. Connie knelt down taking her coat off and put it over the back of her chair. "It's a good job I left Simba at Nadia's." "Yes now remember Shhh." Connie whispered, bringing her finger to her lips. "Sorry." She whispered, Connie smiled sitting on her chair, placing Grace on her knee. Grace looked around the room, smiling widely as she saw Jacob. Wriggling off her mothers knee, she walked off to the back of the room, "Grace." Connie sighed, "I'm going to Jacob Mummy." She smiled sweetly. "No baby, Jacob's busy." She rolled her eyes and kept walking "Jacob won't mind." She giggled.

She climbed onto the chair next to him, "Hello Firecracker." She threw her arms around his neck cuddling him tightly. "Mummy said your busy and I have to be quiet." She whispered, he sat her on his knee "You have to be quiet, but you can sit here if you like." She nodded "Are you busy?" "A little, but I can always make time for my favourite princess." He smiled but she frowned, "Sorry Fairy princess." "Firecracker... Fair princess Firecracker." She looked, he chuckled gently continuing on, he saw her start to figit. Pulling some paper from his folder he passed it to her and a pen, "Don't get it on your uniform... Mummy will kill me... Why aren't you in school?" "I was sick." She stated placing the teddy on the desk, before drawing. She jumped as the bell rang, "Right pack up and go." Connie called, Grace went to pass him the pen "Keep it till I get home." He smiled, she nodded and jumped down "Mummy! Mummy! Look, look!" She called running through the swarm of students, Connie knelt down to her level taking the paper she handed to her. "That's me and then Jacob and you and Debbie and Fred and Simba." She smiled pointing to the circles and squiggles she had drawn, "I love it very much." Connie smiled, Grace hugged her tightly "Nearly as much as I love you." Connie added, some of the students who were still clearing away or just leaving smiling fondly.

"How long till you can leave?" He questioned "Two more classes." She groaned, he nodded kissing her head kneeling down to Grace he hugged her "Be extra good for mummy Yeah?" She nodded "Do you have to go?" "Yeah... but I'll see you at home I promise." "Okay." She smiled letting him leave. "You don't seem very sick." Connie arched a brow, "Mummy I am, I promise." She looked "Did you lie?" Connie questioned as her next class came in, "No mummy, I promise I was sick... feel my head I'm really warm." She looked taking her mothers hand placing to her forehead, "Okay, okay. Just checking." She smiled. Grace nodded "Have you got anymore paper mummy?" "Course I have." "Jacob gave me a pen." She beamed showing it to her. "Aw! She is well cute." A girl from the year above commented, Connie chuckled "She may seem it now." The girl laughed "You alright init Miss? You don't look too happy?" "I'm good." She smiled, "Is people still giving your grief cause your shagging- shit- sorry, sorry. With that Jacob guy? Cause they need to sort themselves... your a good teacher you Miss." Connie smiled "Thank you Claire." "Sorry for my French Miss... I forgot tiny ears were about." "It's fine."