Chapter 24

Athena's pov

Odysseus left the room a while ago as he leaves Ranesis in charge of keeping eyes on me. The entire time Ranesis keeps running his mouth about how much he hates me and that he's way better than me in the battlefield.

Letting him gloat about himself I take advantage of burning through the rope as quietly as I can making sure my fire isn't noticeable since every now and then Ranesis glances at me.

"You know I always thought you were a good looking wolf, but that personality of yours just kills it," I calmly say. Ranesis immediately looks at me squinting his yellow eyes. I can see in them how interested and stunned he is about my comment.

"You think I'm good looking?," he raises a brow at me.

"Yes more attractive than Perseus if you ask me," I smile watching him fall for my lie.

"Then why did you sleep with him over me?," Ranesis questions standing up from his chair walking towards me.

"I just told you because of that disgusting character of yours. You know you and I could of taken over this empire together and taken Odysseus down. It's not like he even lets anyone rise here. Shit, you and me have been in the game for so long and look at us still just his slaves," I sternly say. Ranesis lingers on my remark until his face expression darkens, "I would of eventually took orders from you if you wouldn't have left."

"Look into my eyes Ranesis," I murmur seductively. I remember to the time I was able to wrap Perseus around my finger getting him onto the same boat as me. Wolfs are my specialty. Time to play around with the perks of being a goddess, I suppose.

"I would of made you my right hand because of your loyalty and cruelness, which you know is my favorite hobby," I say my eyes staying glued to his

"I would of made you my right hand because of your loyalty and cruelness, which you know is my favorite hobby," I say my eyes staying glued to his. Ranesis stays silent intently gazing into my eyes, yellow on grey. Suddenly, he slams his lips on mine and man do I try my hardest not to barf. First, Ranesis isn't the most attractive wolf and secondly, I'm mated to my mate, so naturally I feel so disgusted being touched by another wolf that isn't him. He pulls away finally letting me breathe some air into my lungs from the worst kiss I've ever had in my life.

"I want you to wear something," he hastily says turning around walking over to the counter.