Chapter 23

Athena's pov

A bucket of freezing water is splashed onto my face immediately making me wake up from unconsciousness. I cough gasping for air as I try to move, but can't due to ropes tied all over my body onto a metal chair.

"Fuck," I glance around the empty room until I meet gazes with yellowish eyes I despise so much. A evil grin is plastered on his face as he puts the empty bucket down.

"What a pleasure it was to hit you on the head," he smirks proudly of his victory. I remember Luka, Lysias, and Alyja were battling as I was going against two wolfs until I felt a hard hit completely knock me out cold.

"What a wuss move coming at me from behind while I was in battle," I spit at his face. Ranesis's face expression darkens as he lifts his hand up letting it fly against my cheek. My face snaps to the side feeling my cheek throb almost instantly from the impact.

"Enough," a deep voice belonging to one wolf I despise the most in the entire planet. The cause of all my pain utters from behind Ranesis.

"Odysseus," I grunt angrily.

"It's about time we come face to face daughter," he evilly smirks coming into view from behind Ranesis.
Something is different about him. I mean he still looks the same old wicked wolf he's always been, but something deep within his eyes is different and dark. I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

"I'm not your daughter," I mutter my eyes glued to his.

"Where's Perseus?," Ranesis asks.

"Dead," I blankly respond.

"You bitch," he growls.

"Shut up you fool. He's dead because you morons got caught in the first place," Odysseus rolls his eyes.

 He's dead because you morons got caught in the first place," Odysseus rolls his eyes

"I don't have a heart, but I felt that," I chuckle.

"Shut up," Ranesis spat.

"I see I've made the biggest mistake I could have ever done. Sending you straight into the arms of your mate," Odysseus raises his brow completely disgusted by what he's saying. I stay silent baffled that he knows about my mate, but of course Ranesis's big mouth and hatred towards me was only natural for him to spill everything to Odysseus just to become his favorite in the hopes to become promoted into my position. It's always been his life long goal.

"Who would of known you two would be paired up together and what a shame for the ruthless Athena to surrender herself over to him," He adds circling around me coming to a halt putting my loose strands of hair to one side revealing the mark on my neck.