Chapter 9

I run as fast as I can into the woods not thinking about stopping anytime soon. I feel like such a loser. Not paying attention to where I am running my left paw trips on a log on the ground that sends me flying into the air. I let out a loud painful howl shifting back into my human form. I wince in pain seeing a deep cut on my palm. A huge chunk of skin almost hanging to the side. It's a nasty view. Out of the blue, I hear fast stomping footsteps getting closer towards where I am, so I stand up immediately preparing myself for battle. Lysias runs towards me now in his human form coming to a halt once he sees me.

"I heard you howl," he says staring at my hand that's dripping a good amount of blood.

"You're hurt," he murmurs.

"It's no big deal," I blankly respond curving him walking back to the mansion.

"Look I didn't mean to push you the way I did, but you could of killed her," he briefly says.

"Serena needed to be put in her place," I mutter.

"I have no idea why she acted like that. It's unlike her," Lysias informs me.

"As fire goddess, she should respect me or at least stay out of my away," I cut him off not wanting to hear anymore about that red head she-wolf. Once I spot the mansion I speed up leaving Lysias behind walking straight through the doors and up the stairs into my room closing the door. Ripping a piece of my shirt I use it to wrap it tightly around my hand. Suddenly, the door opens revealing Lysias with a black box in his hand.

"Don't you know how to knock?," I roll my eyes.

"This is my home don't forget," he retorts. I don't respond taking a seat on the bed. Lysias takes a seat next to me opening his little black box full of herbs, medicine, and everything an emergency kit has.

"I don't have anything to numb your palm," he says taking a needle in his hand.

"Pain isn't anything to me.bI can take it," I blankly respond. Lysias looks at me in silence almost lingering in a thought before he glances down at his bare hands.

"I'll be right back," he hastily says. After a few minutes pass he's finally back in my room wearing his matte black gloves sitting on the bed facing me getting everything ready.

"I'm not ill or infected if that's what you're so afraid of," I mutter.

"Can't trust anyone," he responds grabbing my injured hand taking the piece of cloth off.

"For an alpha you're a weirdo," I truthfully say. Lysias gives me a stern glare as he pins the needle into my flesh. I squeeze my eyes shut enduring the pain.  After awhile, he's finally finished stitching me up and I let out a deep exhausted breathe. Grateful that the process is now over.

"You should be good now," alpha Lysias confidently says examining my hand. Being this close to him is a bit nerve wrecking. I take advantage to study his every amazingly sculpted features whilst he's too distracted checking my stitches. His skin has such a healthy glow to it, his strong sharp jaw line that'll make any she-wolf drool, his dark eyebrows that gives him such a intimidating feature along with his midnight black eyes that look so coldly emotionless. Lysias's lips are so perfectly lined and created being the perfect plump that'll make anyone want to just kiss it. And his stubble hairs on his chin and upper lip giving him the manly look.