Chapter 12

I flutter my eyes open from my slumber stretching my arms out along with my legs. Rubbing my eyes, I get off of my bed walking out of my room and into the restroom rinsing my face with soap and cold water then patting it softly dry with a red small towel hanged on the wall. Memories from last night presents themselves into my mind. I close my eyes, lingering on alpha Lysias and I's kiss. Whilst, I drift on this breathtaking memory. My index finger along with my middle finger find their way on top of my lips retracting how passionately Lysias kissed me last night.

The overpowering sparks, we both shared in that moment had me so out of breathe as an uncontrollable heat introduced itself all over my body by the simple touch of my mate. Eerily spooked by the erupting sparks and strong bond that only seemed to get wilder by the minute I step back pushing alpha Lysias with my hands on his hard stone chest. Our lips detaching from one another. The sparks disappearing at the same time from this sudden action. Lysias furrows his brows confusedly prying at me and then at the dark night sky seeing the aligned bright shiny stars as another flash of light flashes on the moon.

"What's wrong?," Lysias croaks averting his midnight black eyes from the sky and now on me.
My hands and body tremble becoming speechless all of a sudden staring at him who's making my heart beat fast and slow at the same damn time.

While my wolf is yelling at me, "mate, he's the one."

I shake my head internally battling with my wolf brushing off the thoughts and connection towards alpha Lysias.

"I-I can't do this," I mumble stepping back distancing myself from him. Lysias looks a bit pained by my words, but quickly covers it with a serious blank expression.

"For a goddess you sure are stubborn," he raises a brow.

"How can you accept it so easily? Weren't you the one against mates too? Mates only get in the way right?," I murmur. Lysias immediately remembers what he stated before about not wanting his mate. However, after us touching he's already letting this whole mate bond sweep him off his feet.

"I know what I said Athena," Lysias responds. My body is wanting to touch his like if it's been longing for him for years and it's freaking me out. The mate bond is no joke. Adamaris wasn't playing when it came to her stories on mates. The feeling, the sparks, the connection, bond, and sensation is so incredibly strong that it even has the goddess of fire legs quivering threatening my knees from collapsing at any moment as I stare into his seductive eyes.

I got to get out of here.

Without saying another word, I simply turn around running away from Lysias not looking back. I hear him shout for me a couple of times from behind, but I just keep running until I get to his mansion. Running upstairs, I close my door jumping on my bed closing my eyes shut hoping this is all just a dream l would awake from in the morning.

Well it's morning and I realize it wasn't no damn dream it was all real. I open my eyes staring at myself in the mirror removing my fingers tips off of my lips. I gasp, seeing something within my grey eyes I haven't seen in such a long time.

Life.

After I joined alpha Odysseus's wickedness, the life I once had in me as a child, died. I was so in love with life and bubbly before hell entered my life roughly, I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. Since then I became numb and wicked due to Odysseus. Shit, anyone would be lifeless living under his empire.
However, here I am staring at myself stunned by the sudden change within my eyes. A beautiful sparkle shines brightly through my grey eyes giving them a delicate look instead of a cold one like they were before.

"Good morning goddess Athena," Ida utters out of the blue barging into my room. I jump back a bit averting my attention towards her not expecting her to barge in the way she did. However, I couldn't help and notice a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Good morning Ida," I awkwardly respond stepping out of the restroom.

"I see something different within you," She smiles observing me.

"Well look at the time. It's time for breakfast," I steer the subject.

"Not so fast my goddess. I had a dream of you and alpha Lysias finally mating," she waggles her brows at me.

Why must she be a psychic?

"Mating? Of course not," a baffled expression presents itself on my features.

"Not like that excuse me goddess. I meant as in the mate bond. You two finally touched," she giggles her aqua eyes shining bright at the mention of mate bond.

"Unfortunately," I huff.

"Unfortunately? You need to stop blocking yourself from love. Live is the most beautifulest thing in the world. Give it a chance goddess," she says confidently.

"Love just isn't for me Ida. Lysias needs someone else not me. Trust me, I'm not worthy of such a position next to him," I say all in one breathe. The thought of me becoming a Luna is so frightening after everything I've done. I've always respected Lunas since they're also a dominant force serving as the backbone of their alpha mate. I'm stained with sins innocent blood on my hands even though a few deserved to be removed from this earth. It's still a crime. However, the majority didn't deserve to have their lives taken by me. Even though I was under orders. I still committed the crime taking their last breathe from them.

"You're goddess of fire Athena you're already a natural born leader and becoming luna will bring more order into our world. Alpha Lysias and you both together are a powerful dominant force wolfs and she-wolves need," Ida firmly says.

A leader, is all I've ever wanted since ranking to the top in alpha Odysseus's empire, but now that I'm given a much bigger position than I've ever imagined possible besides being the goddess of fire. For some reason, I really care about alpha Lysias's reputation. Imagine how many wolfs and she-wolves would criticize me? After all, I'm a known assassin the luna world doesn't deserve to be stained by me. So it only leaves me one thing to do.

"I'm going to reject alpha Lysias as my mate."