Chapter 13

"No, you must not," Ida's aqua eyes widen complete fear swirling within them.

"Why? It's for his own good. The both of us will only get in the way of each other," I sincerely explain.

"His own good? You're ridiculous you'll only kill him," Ida sternly says.

"Kill him? Wh-"

"Don't you know anything?," Ida suddenly grasps both of my shoulders whilst giving me the most serious expression I've seen from her since staying in this empire. Truly, I don't really know the whole mate thing due to never once giving the full ear to it, for the lack of belief I have towards love. Alyja is the one to know everything about the mate bond unlike me.

"When a wolf or she-wolve rejects their mate illness strikes their entire being with time. It can even cause death," Ida explains.

"That can actually happen due to a broken heart?," I crease my brows together baffled by this news.

"Yes goddess, this is mandatory history you should of known. Even you can get extremely ill as well. You see the mate bond is beyond us all. A bond that creates our fate," Ida explains. How the heck can Alyja listen to this stuff over and over again? Now I understand why I never bothered to join her and Adamaris's story time. This is all so frightening. The pressure of mating is almost overwhelming.

"Pardon me goddess, but I can feel your fear in loving someone more than yourself. That's what is truly tormenting you isn't it?," Ida raises a brow observingly. Hearing my most deep fear slip out of her mouth so casually has me quivering from shock. Instantly, I push her away disconnecting her touch on me.

"Stay away from me," I grumble walking backwards towards the door.

"This fear is connected to your parents isn't it?," Ida adds.

"What? I don't even remember my parents. Is this a joke?," I grit my teeth. Ida, perfectly knows this. I've always had the fear of loving someone else more than myself because it'll weaken me. I don't know what triggered this phobia of mine. All I know is that the thought terrifies me to my core. What if one day something happens to that person and I'm left alone? Or what if I can't protect that person from danger? Don't get me wrong I love my little sister, she's the only person I have in this world, but still loving someone more than her scares me.

"I'm sorry, it came out wrong," Ida apologizes. Without saying another word I turn around bursting out of the room no longer wanting to be near her. As soon as I step out walking down the hallway I bump into a hard chest bringing me to a quick halt. The one person I really am trying to avoid stands before me.

"What's with all the yelling?," Lysias questions concern in his tone.

"I-I'm leaving," I mumble curving him to proceed down the hallway and stairs to exit out of Lysias's mansion. I can't no longer stay here. If I do, who knows what'll happen between Lysias and I, which is something I don't even want to risk.

"What? Where to?," Lysias hastily questions following behind me.

"Don't trip," I rudely respond bursting through the two doors. I come to a full stop my eyes widening not at all expecting to see the wolf in front of me.

"Athe-," Lysias breathes immediately cutting himself off as he stops behind me. His midnight black eyes squinting at the view in front of us. Perseus stands firmly his arms crossed across his chest intently glaring at me and Lysias. You can most definitely cut with a knife through the tension like butter from how these two are glaring at one another.