Chapter 20

Today is Ida's funeral. It's been an entire week since the entire chaos occurred. Lysias wasn't able to find Ranesis leaving us to believe most likely he's already with Odysseus informing him about us knowing his wicked plans. However, as much as that sounds troublesome it isn't my priority right now. One of Lysias and I's empire's member lost her life. For the short time I've known her. She really impacted my life more than anyone ever has. Thanks to Ida, I know what I am and learned more about myself than I ever did with Adamaris.

"Are you okay?," I murmur. Lysias is very protective of his empire just like an alpha should be, but Ida has been there for him since he lost his parents, so she's almost a motherly figure to him.

"Yeah," he flatly responds trying to avoid any emotions at the moment. Jazper and Asriel stand by their alpha supporting him during this hard time. I'm sure for them they also need support from their leader since Ida was a great influence in the empire.

"I hate Odysseus he causes too much pain," Alyja whispers sadness written across her face as she stares at the closed coffin Ida is laying in. Ready to be put to rest. Odysseus is the cause of so much pain, deaths, and innocent lives being ruined or taken just for his entertainment. It's time someone puts an end to his wrath. Suddenly, a she-wolf arrives stepping into the crowd walking straight towards Lysias. She has blonde curled hair with ocean blue eyes. She's very attractive.

"Lysias, I'm so sorry," she softly says stretching her arms wide ready to hug him, but he immediately steps back nodding disapprovingly at her, which has her frowning. Lysias looks directly at me along with this mysterious blonde who also is watching me like a hawk confusion set on her face until she glances down my neck. Her eyes widening in shock as she spots my mark.

"This can't be," she gasps. I decide to walk towards my mate curious to know who this she-wolf is. By the way she's glaring at me I can tell already she isn't just anyone. I stand next to my mate extending my arm placing my hand on his back.

"Are you alpha Lysias mate?," she curiously asks almost pained to ask such a thing. Before I can answer, Serena decides to volunteer herself into the conversation, "yup she is... I told you to come earlier," she raises a brow at the blonde.

"Serena know your place," Lysias warns throwing her a devilish look that would have anyone's eyes almost bulging out of their sockets. Serena immediately backs down bringing her gaze down to the ground.

"I thought you don't do mates alpha?," the blonde sternly asks Lysias.

"What's going on here?," I utter not being able to hold back my curiosity anymore. Something is fishy here and I want to get to the bottom of it.

"Athena it's best if you go inside the mansion," Lysias tells me a serious look on his face.

"Excuse me?," I raise a dark brow at him not liking this one bit.

"Athena let's go," Alyja intervenes grabbing my arm pulling me along to walk with her.

"Athena, I see that's your name... pretty basic," the blonde says observing me.

"Fuck," Lysias mutters under his breathe. I come to a halt pulling my arm away from Alyja's grip turning back facing the blue eyed she-wolf. I tried my best to contain my anger, but there are just some things I can't control. Like for example my anger. It's always been a problem.

 It's always been a problem