Chapter 4

"Your a-alpha Lysias?," I stutter not at all expecting this mysterious gorgeous man to be the one I'm looking for. He's way younger than I thought. Around my age if I'm not mistaken.

"Did I stutter?," he blankly responds leaning his back on the wall watching me like a hawk. I stay quiet for awhile gazing at every inch of him almost speechless by this masterpiece of a man standing in front of me. I glance down noticing black matte gloves on both of his hands. I furrow my brows confused a bit it isn't that cold in my opinion.

"It's a pleasure to meet you alpha Lysias I'm Athena," I clear my throat almost forcing these words out of my mouth snapping out of my speechless state.

"The pleasure isn't mine," he blankly says.

"I don't give a shit to be honest," I sassily respond directly looking into his midnight black eyes that look so cold.

"If I were you I'd be very careful while talking to me. That's if you want to live," he solemnly says. I don't have to even ask myself if he's joking or not. I know by his solemnly expression he means every word.

"Look alpha Odysseus-"

"Your supposedly father?," he cuts me off rudely.

"Not supposedly he is my father."

Alpha Lysias takes a moment to absorb what I just said before he bursts out in laughter. I scrunch my brows together not understanding his behavior. What am I saying that's so damn funny? However, I couldn't help, but notice his laugher. It sounds so manly.

"Stop it," I mentally scold myself.

"What's so funny?," I grumble.

"As I said earlier, Odysseus has no children," he repeats. And again panic hits me just like it did the first time I heard it. For some reason, I was trying to brush it off and continue my mission. After all that is what I was sent here to do. But hearing this alpha repeat it twice so serious some kind of truth within his deep voice is making me distracted.

"And I said he does. He has two daughters," I annoyedly respond.

"There's no way that could be," he rolls his eyes.

"Why?," I murmur confusedly feeling this room become suddenly smaller than it was a few moments ago.

"Use your head for fucks sake. Why are you here in the first place?," he huffs pushing himself off of the wall now circling around me like if he's interrogating me.

"To talk to you about reversing the curse you put on him."

"Exactly, I took away his ability to ever reproduce," he gruffly says putting his gloved finger on my shoulder moving it straight across my chest. My heart falls down to my stomach feeling as if I just got kicked so hard making all of the air within me exhale without warning. There's no way this alpha could be saying the truth right?

"I don't believe you," I briefly say shaking my head in disbelief.

"I don't care if you do or not," he leans down whispering in my ear. His hot breathe hitting my flesh making my body tingle. I don't respond taking a moment to think to grasp what is being said to me. In this moment, the relationship between my father and I strikes my head. Our relationship since I can remember has always been so distant, cold, and unloving. How can a father make you go through beatings, starvation, torture, and not even allow you to call him the word father?

"The curse... isn't it for him to not conceive males?," I find myself asking.

"This alpha has you all fucked up doesn't he? He's infertile Athena," he rolls his midnight black eyes annoyed of how slow I am in all of this.

My world freezes, "this can't be-," I mutter under my breathe grimly of this whole situation. I feel so many different emotions stir within me right now. However, I mostly feel anger for being lied to. I want to unleash hell right now. Adamaris must know the truth only she can confirm what this alpha is saying. I must go to her as soon as possible.

"Let me go. I need to leave right now," I utter.

"And what makes you think I would grant that?," he raises his dark brow at me.

"Alpha Lysias," Suddenly a voice is heard pounding outside of the door. Lysias growls walking out of the door slamming it. I furrow my brows confused on what could possibly be going on out there. In the meantime, I try to waggle my hands out from the grip of the rope, but no matter how much I try it's not budging. I growl to myself then gasp feeling a tingly sensation within my palms rise.

It's not the first I've ever felt this type of sensation. I remember as a little girl seeing red lines form within my veins. I would panic not knowing what it was, but Adamaris always made it seem like it was just my imagination. Ever since then every six months, Alyja and I would get vaccinated supposedly a vitamin for us. Which I believed since it would take away the red weird lines from my veins. The window suddenly breaks shattered glass all over the floor. I look up seeing Perseus enter the room smirking at me.

"That was fast," I mischievously smirk warily watching him approach me to untie me.

"I am you're partner for a reason right?," he whispers in my ear as my hands are finally free. I stand up seeing the harsh reddish marks on my wrists from the tight rope. "Don't worry this isn't shit to me. I've had way worse," I reassure Perseus seeing his clenched jaw as he examines my marked wrists.

"Let's go before he comes back," I hastily say looking down the window making sure it's clear for us to escape.

"Did you manage to make him reverse the curse?," Perseus asks. I take a moment to think about our assigned mission. Father I mean alpha Odysseus is going to be pissed, but I can give a shit about that. I have more important questions that need immediate answers to them.

"Yeah," I lie.

One thing I learned at a very young age is that you can't trust no one. As soon as you give the slightest trust, you're dead. The only one I do trust is my little sister other than that everyone else is untrustworthy. Our heads snap towards the door as we hear heavy foot steps approaching rapidly. Perseus and I immediately jump out of the window landing on our feet running towards the forest before anyone catches us.

For a quick moment, I stop turning back looking up at the three story mansion. My grey eyes locking with his midnight black eyes that look darker than their original form. Just when you think they couldn't get any darker, they did.

And man does he look furious.