Pregnant

My heart falls down to my stomach feeling completely devastated about this unexpected news. Tears start sliding down my cheeks like waterfalls.

"No, this can't be," I mutter.

"Athena you need to stop acting this way. This is a beautiful blessing from the moon," Adamaris scolds.

"You don't understand. I'm going to war to end Odysseus's wickedness once and for all. How can I do that pregnant? Lysias will not allow me to be a part of it if he knows about this," I inform her.

"Then let him handle it. He's very powerful you know he can destroy Odysseus," Adamaris says pulling me into a hug.

"I'm not going to leave him alone Adamaris. I want to stand by my mate as the fire goddess I am. This is my world that I need to protect. I gave the alphas my word," I explain my truest feelings regarding what I'm destined to do.

"Athena you need to understand that you're carrying a baby. Yours and alpha Lysias's offspring. Don't you dare risk that," Adamaris firmly warns.

"I'm not stupid I would never do that to my mate's child," I grumble.

"You being a part of that war is risking your baby," she sternly reminds.

"I'm unbeatable I know how to protect myself."

"I'm going to tell alpha Lysias," Adamaris sighs frustratedly moving to the side to curve me. However, I immediately block her way not letting her out, "you're not going to say shit to him," I threaten.

"Athena, he's the father he deserves to know about you being pregnant," Adamaris firmly says.

"No, it's my business, so I'll decide when to tell him alright? Don't you dare butt in," I sternly warn her.

"You've always been so stubborn you know that?," She narrows her purple eyes at me.

"I need to kill Odysseus for everything he's done to me, my sister, my parents, Lysias's parents, and all those innocent lives he's ruined. After I do this and just know I will kill him. I'll focus on my pregnancy I promise," I truthfully say.

"I understand your pain and hatred towards him, but vengeance isn' t al-"

"Vengeance may be a prison, but it's my prison," I say cutting Adamaris off

"Promise me you'll be extremely careful? I see you and Alyja as my own. If something happens to you and that unborn child. I'll never forgive myself," her voice cracks as her eyes start to water.