Graduation at its best

Graduation was finally upon us. I finished getting ready, and I heard a knock at the door. I turned and saw Kai standing there, holding his cap in his hand.

"Ready?" Kai asked.

"Yep," I said, grabbing my gown and putting it on, then grabbing my cap. I kissed Kai, and he took my hand, leading me downstairs. We left with my parents and younger siblings right behind us.

Once we arrived, we all took our seats. After two speeches, they called the Valedictorian to the stage. I walked up and took my place in front of the podium.

Good afternoon everyone,

Today we come together to celebrate our achievements and graduate together. Over the past few years, I had to learn a lot about life. It wasn't until this year when I learned that life isn't always easy or fair. We get handed challenges, but it's the people that we love and care about to help us get through them. For that, I will always be grateful. So, when you go out into that big, scary world, know you are not alone and enjoy your life.

Thank you.

Everyone cheered, then they called us up to get our diplomas. After the students received their high school diplomas, we all hugged and jumped around each other. I couldn't imagine getting through this year without my crazy family and equally crazy friends.

As we all stood around talking, a woman walked up to me, "Faith Bradley?"

"Yes," I asked.

"My name is Mrs. Woodward. Your teacher gave me a piece you wrote, and it impressed me. You have a real talent," the woman complimented me.

"Thank you, Mrs. Woodward," I said.

"Therefore, I am offering you a position at my publishing company when you graduate," the woman offered.

My mouth dropped open. "Say what?"

"That is if you will accept it," the woman said.

I looked at everyone stunned, and they all grinned. "Yes, I will be so honored."

"Good, I'll be happy to inform Ms. Hartley that you will join her team," the woman said, smiling as she walked away. I turned and looked at Dad. "Don't look at me. RJ said nothing to me about this."

I looked at Papa, who also said, "Nope, not me."

Well, okay then, I guess I have a job waiting for me after school.

The summer flew, and before I knew it, we were off to school. I had a feeling the next four years would interest. Margo and I ended up sharing a dorm room. It was pretty cool. At least I knew someone and didn't get stuck with some stranger.

Kira, Belle, and Lexie ended up in a bigger room. Kai and Max shared a dorm room, and Jacob and Jonas ended up rooming together. The best part is it was coed, so we all ended up in the same dorm together.

I was putting on a shoe when I heard a knock at the door. "Ready?"

I looked up to see Kai hanging on the doorway, "Yeah, let me finish putting on my shoes."

Once I finished, I ran over to the door and threw my arms around Kai, kissing him. We left, meeting up with each other. We even ended up face-timing Ashton, who would join us next year.

I had to give it to Margo and Ashton; they were giving this long-distance thing a shot. I hope it works out for them.

We went over to the local bakery as an enthusiastic person greeted us. "Welcome to Chez Frazier."

Then we heard a guy yell from the back, "It's a bakery, not a French restaurant, Dad!"

"Oh, ignore the grumpy guy in the back. He has no imagination," Frazier yelled to the back.

"More imagination than you, Clark!" The guy yelled.

"I told you to stop calling me that," Frazier said, walking to the back.

"Is it me, or is that guy a few screws loose of a pack?" Kai asked.

"That's Frazier. He's always like that," I said.

"You know that, Yo-Yo?" Kai asked.

"You could say that," I said, walking towards the counter.

Yep, this will be an exciting four years. I can't wait.