Finals craziness

With prom done, we were heading into the home stretch of our senior year with finals. It stressed everyone over this. They stressed so much that Max screamed during one of our study sessions.

Everyone looked up from their books in the library at Max.

"Sorry, need to relieve some stress. Much better now," Max shrugged. The librarian glared at Max.

It wasn't much better at home as Jonas threw his textbook across the living room in frustration, "This is such bullshit."

Dad picked up the textbook and handed it back to Jonas. "Calm down and relax. You kids are stressing yourselves out way too much."

"We've been going at it non-stop, though," I said.

"Yeah, but it will be all over," Dad reassured me.

"Then we get to deal with college," Jacob added, causing a collective groan.

"Thank you, Captain obvious," Kai said.

"Look, you guys are in the home stretch. Take a deep breath and relax. Tomorrow you start your finals. Now why doesn't everyone head home and get some sleep," Dad suggested.

It was getting late, so everyone went home. I went to bed. Good night sleep is what the doctor ordered, except that night, I had nightmares starting with coming to school naked, followed with failing, and finally abandonment.

It will be a long three days.

For the next three days, we took our finals. After the last one, I went home. Finals exhausted me, and I direly needed sleep.

Once I hit my bed, I was out. Everyone could wait. A few hours after I was sleeping, my phone kept ringing. It got so bad that I finally shut it off. Whoever it was could wait.

At some point, someone shook me awake. "Faith. Faith, wake up."

"Mmm," I said, trying to wake up.

The person kept shaking me until I finally said, "What?" Sounding agitated.

"They want you down at the school," the person said.

"What? Why?" I asked, feeling disoriented.

"There's a problem with one of your finals," the person said.

I focused on seeing Kai crouched in front of me. "What do you mean there's a problem?"

"Problem as in a cheating problem," Kai answered.

"What?" I exclaimed, standing up.

"One teacher thinks you cheated. The teacher is refusing to pass you," Kai said.

I threw on my shoes and ran downstairs with Kai hot on my heels. Dad was waiting at the front door for us. "There is no way I cheated," I yelled as the three of us left the house.

We pulled up to the school, and as soon as Dad parked the car, we went into the school. As we made our way to the office, we heard a lot of shouting.

"That sounds like Sean," Dad said. We picked up the pace, and as soon as we reached the office, we saw Sean going off on the principal and teacher. Not only were they questioning me, but they were challenging my friends except Kai.

The teacher in question that was questioning us was Mrs. Kurtz, the English teacher. She was accusing all of us of cheating.

As Sean yelled, I noticed the other parents in the room, who was Tony, Lucas, Jonas's mom, Jacob's parents, along with Max and Margo's parents. None of the parents were too happy.

Dad walked forward, "Sean let me handle this."

"Good luck, Zack," Sean huffed.

"Principal Weston, what is going on here?" Dad asked.

"It seems all the kids got caught cheating. They claimed they didn't do it, but Mrs. Kurtz has proof," the principal said.

"Can I see the proof?" Dad asked.

The principal handed him all our finals. All of them had perfect scores.

"Isn't it possible that they got everything right because they studied?" Dad asked.

"I highly doubt it," Mrs. Kurtz smirked. "Considering one missed, most of my class locked up, and the other one is always skipping. Then there are party twins who prefer to the party overstudying. And this one is too busy on her back to even know what a textbook is. That one is too busy fighting. And this girl," Mrs. Kurtz said, looking at me, "is too busy having her family buy her way out of trouble."

Dad glared at Mrs. Kurtz. "I would be careful what you say about these kids."

"Is that a threat?" The teacher asked.

Dad leaned in and whispered, "No, but I'm sure your husband wouldn't want to know what his wife does or who she does in her spare time."

"You have no proof," the teacher whispered.

"Suit yourself." Dad shrugged. Dad crossed his arms and said, "Faith, call Ace."

I pulled out my phone and called Papa. I explained to him what was happening, and he hung up.

"I don't think Papa is happy," I said. "He hung up on me."

"No, I guess he wouldn't be," Dad smirked.

A few minutes later, Papa, Granddad, and Brax came walking into the school. They entered the office, and Papa walked over to the teacher. Everyone backed up.

"I see you feel the necessity to threaten my granddaughter and her friends," Papa told the teacher.

"They cheated, end of the discussion," the teacher smirked.

"Then, I guess it won't matter that now your husband is packing and taking half of your shit, now does it?" Papa said.

"What?" The teacher asked, her smirk disappearing.

"Yeah, I guess your husband doesn't like that his wife is such a whore. It seems my nephew here isn't the only one you like to fuck." Papa turned and looked at Max and Margo's dad. "Isn't that right, Jerry?"

We all looked at the twin's dad as he turned beet red.

"Oh, please, we all know you and your wife fuck around on each other," Papa told Max's dad.

Papa turned back to the teacher. "You're a disgrace to teaching and these students. So, this is how this will go down. All these kids will pass because they earned their damn grade, you will resign your position, and their records will remain clean. Plus, you will keep your mouth shut."

"You have no right to threaten me," the teacher shouted at Papa.

"Oh, don't push me, sweetheart." Papa leaned into the teacher. "But then again, fucking push me. I dare you."

"Fine," the teacher huffed.

Papa started to walk away when the teacher added fuel to the fire. "Then I guess the police will be quite interested in what you have been doing, Mr. Morgan. It's funny what you can record from a family member to stay protected."

Papa stopped and turned to the teacher. "You want to play with the big boys? Fine, then let's play. Chase, Brax, please escort Mrs. Kurtz out to the car."

Granddad and Brax walked over and grabbed the teacher's arms as she struggled. They dragged her out of the principal's office. Papa looked at the principal. "I assume you will handle this?"

"Y-yes Ace," the principal said.

With that, Papa left.

"Well," Dad said.

"Everyone passed. The kids all get to graduate," the principal mumbled, causing all of us to cheer. Rule of thumb never threatens a boss. It never ends well.

Later on, we heard on the news that the police pulled a middle-aged woman's body from the river. The cause of death was suicide because of marital problems at home. We never question it, considering we knew what happened.

If it was the thing I learned about my family, we always protected our own. Our loyalty was like no other.