Love all around: a Valentine chapter

When we told Jacob what happened, it surprised him, but he loved it. Jordan came back a week later and deemed Jacob healed. We also learned not to do anything without informing my dad and Papa. Yeah, I never want to clean like that ever again.

With Valentine's Day approaching, we rented a cabin for the weekend, the nine of us. It was nice to get away from everyone and school for a few days and hang with my friends, including my younger brother, Ashton. Jonas and Ashton even worked out their differences. Thank God because I didn't enjoy playing a referee between those two.

When we arrived, we brought our stuff in and took it to our perspective rooms. After getting settled, two of us went out to the shed behind the cabin to get firewood. Everything was fine until we saw the most prominent, creepiest spider ever and screamed.

"What was that?" Max asked.

"That sounded like Faith and Kira," Kai said.

We ran in and slammed the door shut. Everyone looked at us. "Where's the wood?" Jonas asked.

"Ask big Bob, since he is protecting it," Kira snapped.

"Oh, geez. Come on, Ash. Let's show the girls how to do it," Jacob said. Ashton shrugged, and they both went out to the shed.

Before we knew it, they ran inside the house, slamming the door shut. "That's one big fucking spider," Ashton said.

"Great, there goes our fire," Max said.

"Yeah, I don't think so," Kai said, heading to the shed. A few minutes later, he returned with an armful of wood. "Someone asked for wood?"

We all stared at Kai.

"What about big Bob?" I asked.

"Bob? Yeah, I killed him," Kai said as he walked over and placed wood into the fireplace. Once we had the fire going, I went into the kitchen and started cooking.

"Is Faith cooking?" Jacob asked.

"Fuck yeah, my sister is," Ashton said.

"Oh, hell yeah," Max said, rubbing his hands together.

"Did I miss something?" Kai asked.

"Dude, your girl is an amazing cook. Any trip we take, she always cooks, and it's phenomenal," Jonas said.

"I got to see this," Kai said, walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at the counter as I whipped up food for everyone. Once I finished cooking, everyone grabbed a plate of food, and we all sat around eating, talking, and laughing.

Later on, we all hung out with different people disappearing on their own.

It started with Jonas and Jacob. They were up in Jacob's bedroom, sitting on Jacob's bed talking, and before Jonas knew it, Jacob pulled him into a kiss. Jonas pulled back, "Jacob."

"Please, Jonas, don't pull away. We don't have to do anything. I wanted to kiss you," Jacob reasoned.

"Jacob, you know how I feel about you, but I don't want to get close only for you to go to someone else. I can't do it," Jonas told Jacob.

"Jonas, I need you. I was a fool. Please, stay with me," Jacob said.

Jonas looked at Jacob. "Okay."

Jacob pulled Jonas into a hug, and Jonas hugged Jacob back. It looks like there is a start of something between those two.

The next people to disappear were Max and Kira. As they made out on Kira's bed, Max stopped.

"Why did you stop?" Kira asked.

"Because I like you," Max answered.

"I like you, too," Kira said as she attempted to kiss Max again, but he stopped her.