It's all fun and games until you go camping: a spring break chapter

This year for spring break, all of us went camping for the week. I know what you're thinking, why not Cabo or Myrtle Beach or any other place? Well, we camped this year instead. Plus, I figured it would be fun to go camping with everyone.

As we made our way to the campsite and pulled in, we unloaded everything and carried it over to the camp area. The guys worked on setting up the tents while we girls set everything up.

Luckily, there was a fire pit where we were camping. When someone suggested that we go collect wood, that was a big no. The guys thought I was acting ridiculous, but I didn't want another encounter as I did with Bob.

So, the guys went to gather wood only chased through the woods by; you guessed it, a bear. They ended up leading the bear to our campsite, causing all us to get into the cars quickly and lock the doors.

We watched as the bear sniffed around, stood up, and pushed on the car. Then the bear turned around and ended up ransacking our campsite, finding the food. Once the bear finished, it took off.

We got out of the car and saw the destruction of one bear.

"Now, what are we going to do? That was all our food," Jonas said, crouching to where the food was.

"Yeah, the tents are toast," Max said.

"If we go home, we will never hear the end," I said.

"We can't get a hotel room. They will know when they see the charges on the next bill," Ashton said.

"So, why don't we go shopping? I saw a Walmart on our way here," Kai said.

"That works for me," I said. We all loaded into the cars and drove to Walmart.

All of us got a shopping cart and went shopping for camping gear, food, and essentials, including wood. Yeah, we learned our lesson the hard way.

When we got back, we set everything up, and Kai started a fire so that we could cook some food. After we ate, we sat around and talked.

"So, Kai, what's with the tats?" Jacob asked.

Everyone looked at Kai, and he took a deep breath. "I got them to cover the scars."

"How old were you when you first got them?" Jonas asked.

"Sixteen. I lied about my age. There was a guy in the neighborhood where I lived that did tattoo. He knew I wasn't eighteen, but when I took off my shirt, he didn't question me about it. Every time another wound appeared, I would wait until the wound healed and got it covered. It was easier than having to explain what a piece of shit mother I had," Kai said.

"What did your dad say?" Max asked.

"My dad thought I was rebelling. It was easier to lie than admit what was going on at home. I almost got kicked out of school for missing so much time so that I could recover. So what about you guys? What's your story?" Kai asked.

"Our parents are always away for business and the fact they cheat on each other left and right," Max said.

"Mom is a single mom that works two jobs to support me. Dad took off when I was two," Jonas said.

"My parents are still together, but Dad works a lot, so he doesn't have to deal with my mental ass," Jacob said.

"Dad knocked up some random chick, and I got dumped on his doorstep. But I'm glad because he's a great mom and dad," Kira said.

"I never knew my parents. They adopted me as an infant, but from what they told me, my biological parents were both junkies, and the state took me. I'm glad, though, because my dads are amazing," Belle said.